Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the closest to "elite" that GGG has faced?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Ward, Kessler (maybe) could both potentially be HOF.

It still doesn't take away from the fact that Froch has a resume of pure quality, and Thomas Hearns also has that.

There's someone like Jose Cuevas - if he got into the HOF i'm sure some of Froch's opponents could as well. Virgil Hill and Benitez were obviously good wins, and then he's 1-2-1 against old Duran, Leonard and Hagler.

Once again, I'm not saying Hearns wasn't a great fighter, he clearly was. But I don't think his win resume is out of Froch's stratosphere. Feel free to disagree.
    Without being too harsh, Ward does not count as a scalp for Froch. Kessler is not HOF, sorry, though unlike Froch he'll have a HOF win.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Without being too harsh, Ward does not count as a scalp for Froch. Kessler is not HOF, sorry, though unlike Froch he'll have a HOF win.
      If Ward doesn't count for Ward's resume, then let's just remove the likes of Barkley, Hagler and Leonard from Hearns' resume as well.

I think Kessler is every bit a HOFamer as Jose Cuevas.

Comment

If Ward doesn't count for Ward's resume, then let's just remove the likes of Barkley, Hagler and Leonard from Hearns' resume as well.

I think Kessler is every bit a HOFamer as Jose Cuevas.
        He is better than Gatti too, but he's not making it in, sorry. That's zero HOF wins. But lots of quality wins, a sustained record of excellence. And taking on the toughest opponents, until some unproven, overhyped MW comes calling.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          He is better than Gatti too, but he's not making it in, sorry. That's zero HOF wins. But lots of quality wins, a sustained record of excellence. And taking on the toughest opponents, until some unproven, overhyped MW comes calling.
          And if he beat GGG that would still be zero HOF wins.

Comment

And if he beat GGG that would still be zero HOF wins.
            True but he'd have his first p4p win. Other than Bute I suppose, I doubt he has a top 20 win, and Bute stock has dropped dramatically. Could happen to GGG too, but Froch and Hearn wouldn't bet much on it

Comment

• What a stupid thread. No one wants to fight him moron.

Comment

• Hes completely blowing out B to B- level contenders. GGG just needs atleast one A level win to get him to the next level.

Comment

• Has HeroBando said who GGG's best win yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Underboss View Post
                    GGG is the modern day Aaron Pryor, a fighter who presents big problems and the elite avoid him like crazy.
                    No one avoided Pyror.

Comment

• HeroBando you "doubt" Lofflers words? I thought you took people words as gospel?

Or is that just what you do with Kevin Iole?

Comment

Working...
                      X