Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better version of Cotto: Manny version or May version?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is about even to me honestly. Manny fought Cotto fresh off an ass whooping. Floyd is fighting Cotto a little while after 2 ass whoopings. 147 Cotto was regarded higher than he is now and younger, but 154 Cotto has attacked some boogeymen that were in his boxing life, and has a little bit more business sense now at least.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      The pound made no difference yet Team Pac scream 145 or no fight. They clearly wanted the advantage.

And if that was such a non issue for Cotto, explain why immediately in his next fight was at the full 154 weight limit?

What was their to do at 147? Just got a beat down by Pac. Floyd had just comeback. At 154 Martinez and P-Will were busy at 160 positioning themselves for a Pavlik fight. There was no elite fighters or killers there. Kirkland who might come closest to a killer was in jail, Angulo was deported, Canelo was still a prospect who was getting rocked by Miguel brother. Who was at 154?

Cotto said after the Foreman fight that he could easily go down to 147. He has no problem with making the weight. But, that was then this is now.

Comment

If the 154 pound version of Cotto fought the 145 pound version of Cotto?

I'll take the 154 pound version that has the 9 pound weight difference and an established and experienced trainer...

Comment

He probably has more confidence now after defeating Margarito by KO. Even before the Pacquiao fight, you could see that he was affected by the Margarito beating in the Clottey fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            doesnt matter, both were compromised by antonio margarito. id say pacs version tho because pac layed a brutal whipping on cotto himself and floyd is fighting him after both those guys.
            i agree with this.

I don't think cotto is any better at 154 than at 147, that's for sure.

We can all agree, I hope that the Margs cotto beat isnt the same margs that beat him before. I also think the Foreman fight was pretty much a joke, dude had no chance to hurt him and mayorga is whatever.

however cotto was coming off a pretty shi tty fight vs clottey.

i do like that everyone was saying that hatton was ruined by floyd but cotto was brutalized by manny, but that means nothing in this fight, i'm sure.

Comment

The question isn't whether Cotto was a better 147 or 154 pound fighter. The question is: will it be harder for a welter to move to 154 and fight this version of Cotto versus fight the 145 pound version from a couple years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                The question isn't whether Cotto was a better 147 or 154 pound fighter. The question is: will it be harder for a welter to move to 154 and this version of Cotto versus the 145 pound version from a couple years ago?
                But, your question still a debate between Floyd and Pac. A legit WW moving up to 154 to fight Cotto is not a more difficult talk for a blown up LW who weighed in at 138 in his previous fight to move to 145 and fight Cotto. Is just not.

Comment

Pacquiao obviously fought the better version and that is not debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    Even imo.

They were both after the Margarito 1 fight where Cotto was really damaged.
                    Does no one recall the additional beating Cotto took at the hands of Pacquiao? B/c that took a ****load out of Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      The pound made no difference yet Team Pac scream 145 or no fight. They clearly wanted the advantage.

And if that was such a non issue for Cotto, explain why immediately in his next fight was at the full 154 weight limit?
                      quite obviously there was nothing left for cotto at 147. He fought all the big names & top rated fighters in judah, margarito, mosley, clottey, & pacquiao. Like I said there was a unique oppurtinity for him to win another title immediately after he lost to Pacquiao and he took it. Why stay at 147?

Just look at cotto and you see he's not really a junior middleweight. He now has an extra layer of skin around his mid section that was never there at 147 & 140. So again the size isn't going to be an issue. Floyd can weigh in at 148 if he wants to it wont make a different, especially since floyd is so technically sound, has amazing defense, is extremely accurate and will be a lot fast than cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X