No announcement yet.

Steven Seagal showing Lyota Machida Techniques

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
    You know nothing AT ALL and you give your baseless opinion. My argument is based on history, I speak with the authority of centuries you talk just to talk.

Seagal and Machida disagree with you
    History does

Time to sit this one over kiddo, Time to get your shinebox.
    way to answer my question clown,

Aikido (合気道, aikidō?) is a Japanese martial art developed by Morihei Ueshiba as a synthesis of his martial studies, philosophy, and religious beliefs. Aikido is often translated as "the Way of unifying (with) life energy"[1] or as "the Way of harmonious spirit."[2] Ueshiba's goal was to create an art that practitioners could use to defend themselves while also protecting their attacker from injury.

Aikido is performed by blending with the motion of the attacker and redirecting the force of the attack rather than opposing it head-on. This requires very little physical strength, as the aikidōka (aikido practitioner) "leads" the attacker's momentum using entering and turning movements. The techniques are completed with various throws or joint locks.[3] Aikido can be categorized under the general umbrella of grappling arts.

Aikido derives mainly from the martial art of Daitō-ryū Aiki-jūjutsu, but began to diverge from it in the late 1920s, partly due to Ueshiba's involvement with the Ōmoto-kyō religion. Ueshiba's early students' documents bear the term aiki-jūjutsu.[4] Many of Ueshiba's senior students have different approaches to aikido, depending on when they studied with him. Today aikido is found all over the world in a number of styles, with broad ranges of interpretation and emphasis. However, they all share techniques learned from Ueshiba and most have concern for the well-being of the attacker.
    i can use the internet too, ooh look at me

Comment

http://www.topnews.in/light/jean-cla...stallone-26014

Comment

What exactly is the point of this?

You do realize right that before Seagal started his movie career, he was the first foreigner to open an accredited Aikido school in Japan? In other words, he's an absolute top guy to learn from.

Oh wait never mind, of course you don't know any of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          What exactly is the point of this?

You do realize right that before Seagal started his movie career, he was the first foreigner to open an accredited Aikido school in Japan? In other words, he's an absolute top guy to learn from.

Oh wait never mind, of course you don't know any of this.
          oh doesn't that just prove that aikido works for real

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
            oh doesn't that just prove that aikido works for real
            Where did you read anything significant about the merits of Aikido in my posts? I'd like to know. I'm talking about the efficacy of Seagal as a trainer of Aikido.

Another thing is Machida's base is essentially traditional martial arts, and most especially Japanese arts (i.e. Karate and Sumo). Perhaps the average guy can't really apply this stuff, but Machida is likely a rare guy who can.

And at the end of the day, it's just a fun video which your making way too much of (as you sort of make an ass of yourself in the process).

Comment

Where did you read anything significant about the merits of Aikido in my posts? I'd like to know. I'm talking about the efficacy of Seagal as a trainer of Aikido.

Another thing is Machida's base is essentially traditional martial arts, and most especially Japanese arts (i.e. Karate and Sumo). Perhaps the average guy can't really apply this stuff, but Machida is likely a rare guy who can.

And at the end of the day, it's just a fun video which your making way too much of (as you sort of make an ass of yourself in the process).
              the bold is all i've read of ur post because that is all i need to read

my point has always been(from post numero uno) that aikido doesn't work in the real world, and definitely not against other trained fighters.

so i dunno why u brought up the whole "well, he owns his one gym" crap, is all im sayin

Comment

the bold is all i've read of ur post because that is all i need to read

my point has always been(from post numero uno) that aikido doesn't work in the real world, and definitely not against other trained fighters.

so i dunno why u brought up the whole "well, he owns his one gym" crap, is all im sayin
                You're a tool, is all I'm saying.

Now move along, maybe to a new forum or something.

Comment

You're a tool, is all I'm saying.

Now move along, maybe to a new forum or something.

he's probabley gonna get ko'd again since seagal is teaching him more aikido

Comment

way to answer my question clown,

i can use the internet too, ooh look at me
                    ''an art that practitioners could use to defend themselves while also protecting their attacker from injury.''

Thanks for proving my point

Comment

He would have been better off learning Muay Thai.

Comment

Working...
                      X