Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you say Pernell Whitaker was the greatest body puncher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tommy Hearns digged the body VERY good. It goes unnoticed and not talked about because of the head shots he dilvered in his day but hois body punching was nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      Really ?, I forgot to mention Carlos Palomino too, he went to the body better then 90% of people i've seen, if you haven't already you should watch his fights with John Stracey and Armando Muniz to see body punching masterpiece (Carlos that is), he realized there was no point hitting iron chinned Muniz in the face so he broke him down via the body in a great fight.
      Aiight,

Thanks alot man, will do

Comment

Barerra was sick to the body too.

Comment

Really ?, I forgot to mention Carlos Palomino too, he went to the body better then 90% of people i've seen, if you haven't already you should watch his fights with John Stracey and Armando Muniz to see body punching masterpiece (Carlos that is), he realized there was no point hitting iron chinned Muniz in the face so he broke him down via the body in a great fight.
          I don't know if you had an account on here before. But, if you didn't the in a short time you have really impressed me. You're very knowledgeable.

Comment

How can you guys forget him?

Comment

I thought about that a few days ago, he had great precision when going to the body, and I think it's very underrated. I don't think he's the best of all time but it was a great bodypuncher.

Comment

good call..................i'm going to throw Bute's name in the mix as a guy who could finish his career in the top 10 to 20 body punchers category........his foot positioning and that left hook/upper (it's like a hybrid punch he can deliver with accuracy and power from alot of positions) really impresses me.....anyone who has that many KO's from left to the liver is a great body puncher..........in the Miranda fight it was the left to the body that finished it......the head shot was just a formailty imo........

Comment

Post some videos so i can appreciate a good Pernell bodypunching clinic. I haven't seen a Pernell fight for years now.

Comment

Anybody post up RJJ versus Hill yet? That shot was disgusting...

Comment

Yall Mustve forgot..........

Comment

Working...
                      X