Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cotto vs pac apparently is going to be @ catchweight: should the belt be on the line?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u people thinking like fans. u dont think like miguel cotto. stop thinking like u & start thinking like cotto. if u him what would u do?

will u throw away your most money fight & the biggest name in your resume & a chance to be mainstream man because u dont want to put belt & make 144 or 145 even if u make 146 in your last fight?

welterweights in the 80s & 70s like duran, leonard, & carlos palomino regularly weighed below 147. they weigh in 145 all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Spear View Post
      u people thinking like fans. u dont think like miguel cotto. stop thinking like u & start thinking like cotto. if u him what would u do? will u throw away your most money fight & the biggest name in your resume & a chance to be mainstream man because u dont want to put belt & make 144 or 145 even if u make 146 in your last fight? welterweights in the 80s & 70s like duran, leonard, & carlos palomino regularly weighed below 147. they weigh in 145 all the time.
      if i was thinking like cotto i would not accept the fight below 145. but roach wants 143 for obvious advantages. there's no need for catchweights, if you want a ww championship then the limit of the fight should be the ww limit which is 147

Comment

Originally posted by Spear View Post
        u people thinking like fans. u dont think like miguel cotto. stop thinking like u & start thinking like cotto. if u him what would u do?

will u throw away your most money fight & the biggest name in your resume & a chance to be mainstream man because u dont want to put belt & make 144 or 145 even if u make 146 in your last fight?

welterweights in the 80s & 70s like duran, leonard, & carlos palomino regularly weighed below 147. they weigh in 145 all the time.

dude relax...
        nobody is saying that cotto should demand that the belt shouldnt be on the line or any ****..

we are trying to figure out why the belt is on the line.. when the current champ doesnt have the opportunity to play by their own rules!

thats all..

this have nothing to do with cottos deciding to fight below 145 or not.....

stay on the topic

Comment

Nope. Even though the fight is at welterweight there is a special stipulation in place. If it was a true welterweight fight the fighter should be able to weigh in at 147 if he wishes too. If you put special circumstances in there its a no go. Pac is the one trying to move up and mix it up with the big boys so he should fight at that limit if there's no one he belives is viable at the 140 limit. It's one division or the other.

Comment

Absaloutley NOT, U cant claim to be the 147lb champion if u wont fight fighters weighing up to that divisions limit. This should be pretty clear

Comment

Whats the point of Pacquiao fighting for the belt if he doesn't plan to defend it against any 147 pounders after Cotto? Didn't Manny win a belt from Hatton? If Cottos belt is on the line, than so should Mannys 140... But anyways, belts are pointless since neither plans to fight at either of those weight classes.

Comment

if cotto thinks is unffair.. then ****... dont sign thats all..

i cant care less.. its up to him.. and i have already state that.!!!

im only asking to bs posters.. and so far... they think it shouldnt be on the line!!

we are not signing any list or asking for emails to send it to arum.. or any**** like that you can be relax!!

Comment

Yes it should because WW is from 141lbs - 147lbs so yeah it should be on the line

Comment

Originally posted by blind4 View Post
                    Yes it should because WW is from 141lbs - 147lbs so yeah it should be on the line
                    thanks for sharing...

still is not the same.. .since cotto is not allowed to get to the maximum of the 141- 147 gap.

Comment

cotto's a soldier. i think so long as this fight gets made he'll put the anything on the line. i just hope its at 144. pac has put the weight on pretty good and cotto can make 144.

Comment

Working...
                      X