Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much more Mayweather needs to do to be serious candidate for GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    Give me 1 piece of evidence pointing to a Mayweather win against Leonard?
    Its hypothetical,clearly theres no concrete evidence i can offer you where you will suddenly agree....My opinion floyd is a cleverer more tactically aware fighter then srl.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyjones View Post
      Its hypothetical,clearly theres no concrete evidence i can offer you where you will suddenly agree....My opinion floyd is a cleverer more tactically aware fighter then srl.
      You can point to a Leonard weakness that plays into the hands of a Floyd strength?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        you're in the wrong forum for that to be honest. two examples :

floyd mayweather would never even fight tommy hearns.
        way too big. they would avoid him like the plague.

likewise with marvin hagler. mayweather would not fight him. al haymon is one of the smartest men on the planet. floyd wouldnt have an iceberg's chance in hell of winning a fight against one of the best middleweights of all time (even if hagler was faded at that stage he fought leonard [his last fight])

what's he going to do, win a decision counterpunching against a bigger and longer middleweight and throwing 25 punches a round?
        no. he'd get badly outpointed even if he can survive 12 - 15 rounds

knock hagler out!?
        LOL! the guy couldnt stop juan manuel marquez (great fighter and one of my favorites, but lets be real, he does not belong in the ring with a great welterweight.)

he is not winning the fight.

floyd is in a horrid welterweight era at this stage. when WW was hot he was retired or avoiding the best fighters and making business decisions to take similar money for less risk (clottey, margarito, williams, cotto,)
        dominating it isnt going to get you as much credit as coming out on top of one of the best quintets of all time in hagler, hearns, duran, leonard, and benitez
        What the f uck does any of this have to do with my post? And Jr. Welter is two divisions north of where Floyd started.

Comment

i don't think he has to do much because in reality when the discussion starts it starts with "arguably" the greatest of all time. i don't think that there's anyone who is considered the greatest hands down, bar none though the consensus seems to be SRR. some think ray, or armstrong, or ali, or greb, etc.

i think if he fought and took martinez's middleweight crown he'd be in the discussion with ali, ray, and the rest of those guys. if he had the gall to go as far as fighting ward, AND win, i don't see how anyone could dispute that he would be the GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo View Post
            How much more Mayweather needs to do to be serious candidate for GOAT?
            Easy answer: Go back in time and strangle Ray Robinson when he's an infant. And Henry Armstrong. And Benny Leonard. And Joe Gans. And Roberto Duran. And Ray Leonard. And ect. ect. ect.

Poet

Comment

Recent polls havs shown Oscar De La Hoya and Roy Jones Jr. to have better resumes than Mayweather, no way Mayweather could ever be considered for GOAT now. Too carefully illustrated matchmaking to even be considered.

Comment

I don't think he can. All the competitors for the spot had 2x fights, and I find there is something to respect in that, something which does make those fighters different but...

Please stop acting like SRL is any better than PBF. It is simply ridiculous. The baroque logical somersaults I am reading here to justify that argument are simply pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                  baroque logical somersaults
                  ATG expression

Comment

I have about 50 fighters greater than Mayweather, and I like Mayweather alot. Mayweather would need a miracle to move ahead Ray Leonard and Leonard is way below Ray Robinson. The original question is silly.

Comment

He wants to retire at 37 does Floyd so he's gonna have to win the haters over in next 2 years

Comment

Working...
                      X