No announcement yet.

Do you guys play politics at work?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    I realize I ****ing hate most people and kissing their asses would make it hard for me to look in the mirror. But pride really doesn't pay the bills, that's why I'm broke as ****.

I'm only a janitor in a gay strip club anyways. Not sure what kind of corporate ladder I can climb when my main duties are cleaning **** stains, cum, and vomit. And scrubbing the ass smell from stripper poles, if I'm lucky. Maybe I'd get promoted to a cook or something. I'm too beta to be a bouncer. Definitely can't work as a stripper. My stomach is too big, my dick is too small and I can't dance for ****.

But yeah, I never kiss ass. **** the man and corporate bull****.
    Get bummed by the biggest, blackest, gay guy in your club. Claim that the guy gave you a pill and a shot of vodka which made you forget the whole ordeal.

Threaten to sue the gay club unless they give you a raise (or more big black dicks, if you're into that sort of thing)

Politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
      Get bummed by the biggest, blackest, gay guy in your club. Claim that the guy gave you a pill and a shot of vodka which made you forget the whole ordeal.

Threaten to sue the gay club unless they give you a raise (or more big black dicks, if you're into that sort of thing)

Politics.
      That's a lot of trouble. I just want a dollar raise and dental benefits to fix my teef.

Comment

Originally posted by mortal24 View Post
        I'm talking about coming into work and pretty much kissing ass to move up the corporate rank. Honestly, I don't see myself here for a long time at my current job so I don't care about the politics behind it. I just come here to do my job and make that money. I'm saving up for my business and when I do, I'm out. I see people here playing politics, kiss ass, and typical work drama. Do you guys play politics at your job?
        I would have been much more successful if I did.
        Keep your values, handle your business.

Let your work speak for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          I would have been much more successful if I did.
          Keep your values, handle your business.

Let your work speak for itself.
          The thing is performance isn't the only thing that matters when going up the corporate ladder. A lot of it has to do with the right people "liking" you for you to progress. Being good at your job and showing potential that you can handle upper management work helps a lot, but sucking up to the right people would help you a hell of a lot more than just "being a good employee" especially if you're working in a big enough company.

I have no issues with people who try to be liked by their bosses, but some go as far as talking down colleagues on every opportunity to make themselves look better. Those are the shittiest types of people.

Just try to be likable, try not to be a cunt, and do your job well (making sure that your contribution to the company is recognized by those higher in the ladder) and you'll do just fine. Worked alright for me so far.

Comment

Originally posted by mortal24 View Post
            I'm talking about coming into work and pretty much kissing ass to move up the corporate rank. Honestly, I don't see myself here for a long time at my current job so I don't care about the politics behind it. I just come here to do my job and make that money. I'm saving up for my business and when I do, I'm out. I see people here playing politics, kiss ass, and typical work drama. Do you guys play politics at your job?

I have been working in corporate America for over 20 years.

I am a mid level manager, think tom hanks in saving private Ryan. I lead large teams, get **** done GSD! My motto. I won't ever climb any hire than a captain. F it. It is what it is. I wanted to open a restaurant but this woman I used to pound broke it down to me. You don't know crap about running a restaurant. She was right. Glad I never took that path. But I wonder. My ex was an expert in the LA food scene.

Get your money. Learn from the bad processes & people you deal with, don't hire them when you do your thing.

Do your thing.

Comment

Working...
            X