No announcement yet.

Nostalia - Pokemon Cards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats good Hous.

The Pokemon phased I skipped. And the Dragon Ball Z phase did nothing for me.

But I had my yo-yo and my fu.ckin gigapet though

Comment

This was my favorite card of all time and I never got my hands on it

Comment

Somebody put me up on game.

My son asked me for some pokemon cards for his b-day coming up but I don't know where to start or which particular cards to buy? Hous, or anybody else, what is this base set you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

My son asked me for some pokemon cards for his b-day coming up but I don't know where to start or which particular cards to buy? Hous, or anybody else, what is this base set you speak of?
          How old is he?

If he's a kid then he's probably into those new pokemon from the Black and White and X and Y games, he probably won't be impressed with those old school 90s cards. Just go to Toys R Us and buy some of the new Pokemon boxes.

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index....goryId=3252471

Comment

I'm sure he'd love one of these boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              How old is he?

If he's a kid then he's probably into those new pokemon from the Black and White and X and Y games, he probably won't be impressed with those old school 90s cards. Just go to Toys R Us and buy some of the new Pokemon boxes.

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index....goryId=3252471
              Yeah, he's just a kid still. Cool man, I'll check toysrus out. I'm just confused by the 90s cards and the news ones, thought they were all the same thing?

Comment

The base set is the original 150 (151) if you count Mew. From red and blue version, from like 1996-1997?

Gotta go on eBay for that stuff.

Comment

Yeah, he's just a kid still. Cool man, I'll check toysrus out. I'm just confused by the 90s cards and the news ones, thought they were all the same thing?
                  Nah pokemon is much more ******ed now.

Comment

Pokemon is the same thing over and over again yeah, like Call of Duty, including pokemon cards. In the games, the storylines improve, of course the graphics and mechanics too. In the trading cards the art and design are much more advanced now, more detailed. Like the Hitmonchan card I showed is from 1999 and look at how plain the art, design and detail is compared to the new ones.

There are 700+ pokemon, I imagine your kid is in to the later generations #5 and #6 which are the two latest.

Maybe he will get introduced to the 3rd gen pokemon since Game Freak is remaking Ruby and Sapphire(video games) for 3DS.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                      Lol me too. I have 2 game boy colors and a link cable so I can get them all. I have like 146 on my blue version right now.

Wow I'm a loser.

Yes....yes you are.

Comment

Working...
                      X