Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Roach View Post
    Floyd by decision.

I don't really understand this though, all from the same day:

Floyd: "When he fought Pacquiao, they fought at a catch-weight [of 145-pounds]. If we fight Cotto I would want him to be comfortable"

Ellerbe: "If we fight anybody it’s going to be at the weight. We don't believe in the catch-weight thing, so just read between the lines."

Floyd: "If Sergio Martinez can make 150, we can make the fight, absolutely."

Is Floyd inventing new weight classes now aswell?
    unbiased fair and balanced boxing fans like me can easily see the hypocicry in floyds statement but floyd fans refuse to acknowlede the double talk from floyd !!!!!!! point blank period if floyd is willing to fight cotto at 154 he should fight martinez at the same weight !!!!!!! if he doesnt he is a coward !!!!! but wee all know floyd wont fight martinez because hes going to fight some guy in march and may would be too quick of a turnaround !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
      paul williams never was anything special IMO. and yes this fight is dangerous for sure, the most dangerous of his career by a landslide if you ask me...
      Paul to me was dangerous at welterweight because no one could hit hard enough to hurt him. He would overwelm them with punches, body head- head body. Middleweight is another world when talking power. So at welter he was special, at middleweight he was averge.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
        Martinez said 150, then pac said nevermind, make it 147, so stfu, martinez agreed to 150, meaning he can make the weight and still fight, so what you cryin about? that floyd will actually fight him at 150 when manny is too scared and needs those extra 3 "deadman" pounds? oh ok i get it now...
        Hilarious.

1) I really doubt that Floyd would fight Martinez at any weight, not because he's afraid though. I'd pick Floyd to win at 154 too.

2) Everybody Pac has fought at CW's, or DLH at WW etc, also said they could make the weight, signed the contract and fought. Yet you and your fellow Floyd-fans will bash those fights for as long as you live. Now you don't see the problem because Sergio says he can make the weight? Okay, makes sense.

3) Why do you even bring up Manny? This was about Floyd.

4) You have all been posting like crazy about how TR and MP has been contradicting them selves lately, and I agree with that, yet you see no problem with this? Again, makes sense...
        Last edited by Bring It On; 01-19-2012, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Roach View Post
          Hilarious.

1) I really doubt that Floyd would fight Martinez at any weight, not because he's afraid though. I'd pick Floyd to win at 154 too.

2) Everybody Pac has fought at CW's, or DLH at WW etc, also said they could make the weight, signed the contract and fought. Yet your fellow Floyd-fans will bash those fights for as long as you live. Now you don't see the problem because Sergio says he can make the weight? Okay, makes sense.

3) Why do you even bring up Manny? This was about Floyd.

4) You have all been posting like crazy about how TR and MP has been contradicting them selves lately, and I agree with that, yet you see no problem with this? Again, makes sense...
          k glad we're on the same page then

everyone said they can make the weight? or was it that team pac said no fight unless you make the weight? its one thing being able to make weight, its another being effective at that weight. do you box??
          Last edited by SpeedKillz; 01-19-2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
            unbiased fair and balanced boxing fans like me can easily see the hypocicry in floyds statement but floyd fans refuse to acknowlede the double talk from floyd !!!!!!! point blank period if floyd is willing to fight cotto at 154 he should fight martinez at the same weight !!!!!!! if he doesnt he is a coward !!!!! but wee all know floyd wont fight martinez because hes going to fight some guy in march and may would be too quick of a turnaround !!!!!!!
            are you campaigning for president or something? 99% of your posts open with this statement. who you tryin to convince? us or yourself? your bias is growing its own bias for gods sakes, get real dude...

Comment

floyd by wide decision....only fighters who bring non stop pressure to floyd can beat him...that's not sergio style..imo

Comment

Are they going to fight or not? Pacquaio - Floyd live 24/h.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                  floyd by wide decision....only fighters who bring non stop pressure to floyd can beat him...that's not sergio style..imo
                  so you finally admit no one can beat him? about time, damn!

Comment

150 is fair, Martinez is in his prime, and hes been knocking everybody out recently. Pac fights people coming off losses,and makes them fight at crazy low weights. Its not an opinion,its a fact!

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
                      Dude are you serious, Martinez walks around as a light heavyweight. Mayweather, max 150 wet and wearing boots. You Mayweather haters need to find a new sport.
                      That's a new one.

And you said it yourself in your post. Martinez walks around above 160. He hasn't weighed in less than 154 in almost a decade.

Mayweather can weigh in at 150 like he did Oscar and let Martinez come in at 154.

Comment

Working...
                      X