No announcement yet.

Kellerman responds to criticism about calling Pac best of era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    Says something along the lines of - beating a fighter isn't proof you are better in a P4P sense. If GGG beat Mayweather in a fight that was in any way competitive, he'd still consider Mayweather the better P4P fighter because it took more for Floyd to move up that many times and be competitive in a fight than it did for GGG to take on a smaller man and win. Similarly he believes that since Pacquiao, as the former lineal flyweight champion, had to move up more times to make it to WW that what he did in winning some rounds against Floyd was more impressive in his opinion than Floyd winning against the naturally smaller fighter. Says Pacquiao being a top fighter at WW, as a former flyweight, would be like Floyd, a former SFW, being a top fighter at SMW.

I don't agree personally, but figured why not make the thread anyway since the video has like no views and the original statement from Kellerman had prompted a lot of discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CmWUbGR1WQ
    Kellerman was just telling the truth. But I don't agree that pac only win some rounds against floyd, pac win more rounds than floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
      He's so dumb.

So what was the point of the fight Max? You and everybody else said this fight would determine who was better. Floyd beat him so Floyd isn't better?

What was the point then?
      I think Max feels as though the fight determined who was the better welterweight at that time. But he still seems to believe that Pacquiao's overall resume is better than Floyd's.

I thought they were neck in neck before hand and that the fight separated the two.

Comment

And the truth is pacquiao is like a midget compared to floyd. pac is chasing giants with full of peds in his system.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
          And the truth is pacquiao is like a midget compared to floyd. pac is chasing giants with full of peds in his system.
          No Pacquiao was dehydrating 12/13/14 lb at the lower weights, Mayweather wasn't they are near enough the same size.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            who did floyd mayweather beat, and/or do so in a more dominating fashion than Pacquiao beating Barrera, Morales, JMM, Bradley, Hatton, Oscar, Cotto, Marg?

Mayweathers best win is a SD over Oscar, or close wins over Castillo or a tough but impressive night against Hatton. Who else is there, Corrales? Ortiz? Guerrero? Berto? Genaro?
            Mayweather was far more dominant in beating both Marquez and Mosley, considerably more dominant too. I don't even see why this should be a criteria when both of them put on great performances against a lot the names being mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
              Its his opinion and he is entitled to it..no need to defend your personal opinion.
              True.

Even though May and Pac are both 150lbs on fight night, I can see how he can spin his opinion by saying Pac's 3 additional weight classes make him greater. I disagree with that, I think they're the same size and Pac was bigger at FW and SFW than Mayweather ever was at 130-135. Pac was already a WW on fight night at 130. He just cut more weight than Floyd.

With that said, Kellerman says a lot of questionable things, like comparing an undefeated Linares to Duran. He gets very excited sometimes, too excited and says silly things.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                Mayweather was far more dominant in beating both Marquez and Mosley, considerably more dominant too. I don't even see why this should be a criteria when both of them put on great performances against a lot the names being mentioned.
                Pacquiao didn't lose a round to Mosley and knocked him down. Mayweather lost a 10-8 rd(In some peoples opinion).

Mayweather's Marquez win is the one people should be disowning instead of Pacquiao's win over a much bigger Margarito.
                Last edited by SplitSecond; 04-21-2016, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
                  He's so dumb.

So what was the point of the fight Max? You and everybody else said this fight would determine who was better. Floyd beat him so Floyd isn't better?

What was the point then?
                  How did floyd beat pac? By running and hugging?

Comment

pro boxing>amateur boxing. Lineal at 112 and 147(35 lbs) > lineal at 130 and 154(24 lbs). That's basically what Max is saying and I don't see why some are acting like it's ludicrous......Pacquiao did win fighter of the decade, so it's not like that argument is new...the people who think the result in their head to head match clears the air are being intentionally obtuse...

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                      Pacquiao didn't lose a round to Mosley and knocked him down. Mayweather lost a 10-8 rd.

Mayweather's Marquez win is the one people should be disowning instead of Pacquiao's win over a much bigger Margarito.
                      10-8 round?

Mayweather was more dominant because he was in full control and the fight became target practice. Pacquiao on the other hand was missing wildly, he had problems finding Mosley throughout the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X