Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Not Alright For Dillian Whyte After Two-Year Doping Ban

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Not Alright For Dillian Whyte After Two-Year Doping Ban

London's Dillian "The Villain" Whyte, 24, has had his career put on ice for two-years after being hit with a ban for his use of Methylhexaneamine. Whyte, 9-0 (6), attributed the failed test to his use of Jack3d, an over-the-counter supplement that he took ahead of his fourth-round stoppage win over Sandor Balogh on October 13, his last contest, and which had recently been banned here in the U.K. due to concerns over a link to high blood pressure and other negative side-effects.

‘Methylhexaneamine (DMAA) is a banned substance ‘in-competition’ that frequently appears in over the counter and internet bought products but not clearly on the label,’ explained Graham Arthur, UKAD’s Director of Legal, in a statement that was issued in August 2012. [Click Here To Read More]

Thats a ridiculously long ban for someone who clearly was not intentionally doping. Bearing in mind it "isnt clearly labelled" and has "only recently been put on the banned substances list" I cant believe they've gone this harsh on the poor guy. Luckily he's still young so can still have a career after but still

Comment

These guys need to STOP buying bottles of SHIT they know NOTHING about!! Look at Hopkins, he buys his food at Whole Foods, doesn't put anything in his body that can change the chemical balance in an unatural way. These guys need to follow Hopkins and how he treats his body like a temple and his good practices.

Comment

Seems like a very harsh punishment for what he took. There really should be a clear set of rules and mandatory punishments for all of boxing, at the moment it seems you're a lot more likely to get a lengthy ban in some countries/states than others.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          These guys need to STOP buying bottles of SHIT they know NOTHING about!! Look at Hopkins, he buys his food at Whole Foods, doesn't put anything in his body that can change the chemical balance in an unatural way. These guys need to follow Hopkins and how he treats his body like a temple and his good practices.
          agreed all of them need to buy and get full nutritiion from food & natural ingredients not all these supplements

I remember this guy he was quite big on the UK Muay Thai scene and was quite young as well. I think he had a MMA fight too

Comment

Did enzo mac get a much much shorter ban for the same thing? Like only a few months. Either Whyte tested positive for something else they havnt mentioned or he is getting really badly treated.

For the conspiracy guys out there. he beat A.Joshua in the ams and looks to be a really really good HW. Maybe just Maybe A.Joshua's impending pro career and potential revenue stream forced the Boxing Board to get rid of Whyte for a couple of years until he out of mind so everyone focuses on Joshua? I for one think Whyte is the much better fighter is practically the same age as Joshua.

Also couldn't Whyte go abroad and fight if he got new license. Seems stupid to sit around for 2 years and waste a potentially great career.

Comment

I've been taking Jack3d for the last 6 months. Would have never occurred to me that it would cause me to fail a competition drug test.

Comment

Originally posted by No1 View Post
                Did enzo mac get a much much shorter ban for the same thing? Like only a few months. Either Whyte tested positive for something else they havnt mentioned or he is getting really badly treated.

For the conspiracy guys out there. he beat A.Joshua in the ams and looks to be a really really good HW. Maybe just Maybe A.Joshua's impending pro career and potential revenue stream forced the Boxing Board to get rid of Whyte for a couple of years until he out of mind so everyone focuses on Joshua? I for one think Whyte is the much better fighter is practically the same age as Joshua.

Also couldn't Whyte go abroad and fight if he got new license. Seems stupid to sit around for 2 years and waste a potentially great career.
                Enzo Mac admitted he was in the wrong whereas Whyte appealed the decision, which apparently is enough to justify a 1.5 year difference in ban lengths. Can't believe a guy is missing out on 2 years of his young career after taking an over the counter supplement that has a banned substance that isnt clearly labelled and was only recently put on the ban list.

Should he have checked more thoroughly what he was taking? Obviously. But negligence is not the same as deliberate cheating. 6 months would have been fine, pissed with this decision...

Comment

Working...
                X