Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd "retire" in 2007 because he was shook by the 147 division heating up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
    Floyd after the Hatton fight, "I'm not trying to fight no welterweights"

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    He didn't have to. He had just fought the #3 best JMW in the world AT 154, no catchweights, followed by The Ring 140 champion at 147, who was a former WW champion and claimed "I'm too big for 140, I need to move up".

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
      Fighting the best fighters in your fourth weight class doesn't add to your resume???
      Fraud had nothing left to prove??
      F L O M O S are really ok with Fraud having Zab, Baldo, and full time promoter DLH instead of Cotto and Tony?
      Am I really reading this?
      In all seriousness, what has tony REALLY done?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        I like how you changed my words around. I said ATG status, not "resume". Of course it adds to your resume. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. But does it add to your ATG status?

Say Floyd is top 50. How much higher would he be if he beat Paul Williams, Cotto and Margarito. 40? 30? 25? 10?
        Fkn DUHHHHHHHHHHH. Of course it fkn adds.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
          In all seriousness, what has tony REALLY done?
          In 08, the year Floyd retired? Destroy Cotto, the guy Floyd retired in order to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Why couldn't Floyd fight Tszyu at 140 before that?

Floyd made Hatton move up from 140 to 147 to fight him.

Floyd made JMM move up TWO DIVISIONS from 135 to 147 to fight him.

Why couldn't Floyd fight Kostya at 140?
            How did Floyd MAKE Hatton move up when Hatton already fought at 147 and won a belt? I'll ask this question, Broner called out Guerrero, should Guerrero move down to fight him or is it the responsibility of the person who called the guy out to move up? Floyd and Tsyzu weren't even in the same division, that's why the fight didn't happen before then. It's funny cause Floyd was gonna fight Tsyzu but he lost to Hatton, Floyd then tried to fight Hatton but we know what happened there. Like I said I'm with you on the retiring when the WW division was hot, but the ducking Tsyzu thing is just dumb man

Comment

Originally posted by Augustane View Post
              De La Hoya and Hatton were huge fights. The fact that he won those means that he did put in the work and training to stay competitive in those.

After a while, your heart just isn't in it anymore.

Currently, I'm not surprised that Floyd is in it for the money and not the game. I can't say it's a good attitude, but it's worth understanding where he's probably coming from.
              Yet the guys he's been fighting are either at the top or near the top of their weight classes and would be seen as good/competitive fights against any other "hungry" fighter.

Would Floyd fighting the lower tier WW's show that he's back to fighting for the love of the game and for high risk-low reward fights? Or would he show he's in it for the love of the game by fighting the Middleweight Ring champion?

At 147, it's between either Guerrero or Marquez, he already beat Marquez. Guerrero is the only viable option. Nobody wants to see the Sleeping Beauty vs Mayweather anymore. Probably only the guys who are hyping up 2006-2008 Brickarito/Cotto to be some life changing heroes on Floyd's resume.

Comment

no sugarcoating or passes allowed...Floyd got outta dodge with Cotto on deck...at the time, it looked like he did the running man...but after seeing how Arum deals with potential Floyd opponents from his camp, it gives Floyd a logical believable reason for not getting a prime Cotto....I'm 50-50 on this...its possible and then again Arum is not dealing with Floyd for some reason

Comment

@ this poll.

Comment

2nd fight with Delahoya falls through. cotto facing margarito. only aceptable fight is against the winner. he retires. then returns after cotto tony and shane go to war against each other.

This is the B.S. his minions defend

Comment

Originally posted by istmeno View Post
                      2nd fight with Delahoya falls through. cotto facing margarito. only aceptable fight is against the winner. he retires. then returns after cotto tony and shane go to war against each other.

This is the B.S. his minions defend
                      Mosley didn't go to war with Margarito. He absolutely destroyed him in a one sided beating. Sorry, not beating, let me rephrase that, one-sided raping. It was the best performance by any WW from 2006-2009 against another top WW. And yes, Floyd fought THAT guy. Shame on him for not fighting a Cotto coming off of beating Alfonso Gomez, or not fighting Fraudarito coming off beating Kermit The Frog. Shame on him for instead taking a tune up against #2 P4P JMM, followed by a Mosley coming off of two TKO wins over Mayorga and Margarito. Floyd is such a coward for not fighting these Top Rank legends.

Comment

Working...
                      X