No announcement yet.

Orthodox . Jab, jab, left hook help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orthodox . Jab, jab, left hook help

Sup guys can you give me some pointers on throwing this combination. I use orthodox stance. I'm just not generating a lot of power when I throw the left hook coming out of my second jab. Any pointers? Thanks

step, step, pivot. the key to having power behind the hook is where you put your foot to pivot the hook in. if you put your foot too much to the inside, your hook will have less power. at least, that's my experience, try to put your foot outwards a little more.

also a good pointer: make sure your hook has a (roughly) 90 degree angle and you lift your elbow up parallel to the floor, too close or too far with ur elbow pointing downwards and you can't crank enough power behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by paulsinghnl View Post
      step, step, pivot. the key to having power behind the hook is where you put your foot to pivot the hook in. if you put your foot too much to the inside, your hook will have less power. at least, that's my experience, try to put your foot outwards a little more.

also a good pointer: make sure your hook has a (roughly) 90 degree angle and you lift your elbow up parallel to the floor, too close or too far with ur elbow pointing downwards and you can't crank enough power behind it.
      Thanks man!! It worked ! Stepping out just a tad more gave me more power!

Comment

Working...
      X