What's up with Aussie sport??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with Aussie sport??

Wtf happened lads?

You just lost a series to the Lions, about to get pasted in the Ashes, terrible performance in the Olympics...

Not to mention this happening...

I only ask because you guys (p4p) used to a powerhouse of a sporting nation. My old A level (age16-18) PE teacher used to be in awe of your scouting system for all sports. You were the best Cricket team in the world for many years, up there with the best in Rugby, well overperforming at the Olympics. So what happened?
    Last edited by Tom Cruise; 07-06-2013, 09:31 AM.

It's illegal to hit your kids now so they all soft.

Comment

We're just going through a rough patch, that's all.

Comment

Everyone'd rather become the next metrosexual little Bieber. Even the top footy guys now are a bunch of lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          Everyone'd rather become the next metrosexual little Bieber. Even the top footy guys now are a bunch of lesbians.
          great answer

Comment

Actually you are right the performance was quite terrible in the Olympics, they really need to work harder to make their name again.

Comment

I've heard from mates over there that the latest generation are just soft.

Australians were always known for being tough, rugged and hardy blokes but nowadays as the guy above says a lot of them are metrosexual softies.

Comment

The honest truth is that after being an epic fail in the 1976-1980 Olympics and 78-82 commonwealth games, Australia spent a massive amount of money on sports and became a great sporting nation through the late 80s and 90s, but once other countries such as GB started doing the same it has become hard for Aus to compete.

ThAt and the fact the best athletes play an indigenous game in Aussie rules
                Last edited by Furn; 07-13-2013, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Your boys still run us close in the first test so maybe i spoke too soon.

Had no idea you were spending so much on sports, i thought it was just a cultural thing that kept you up top

Comment

And we are boned in the ashes.

Comment

Working...
                    X