No announcement yet.

Interesting read: A Doctor’s Experience With the Afterlife

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    Yes. We were bonding. Her exact words were "You're a commitment-phobe". It made sense in the context of the conversation.
    I get deep with prostitutes
    . (conversation-wise)
    i saw that in one of sopranos episodes

Comment

Originally posted by Shamanism View Post
      i saw that in one of sopranos episodes
      Just mentioning The Sopranos makes life feel better. One day i will watch it all again for the 3rd time.

But the prostitutes thing is an interesting one. I keep meaning to write about it. All the strange factors of the pathetic experience. It addresses trust, guilt, shame, fear, the illusion of physical intimacy, genuine intimacy, carnal pleasure, the delusion of fulfilment, dehumanisation, rapport, confessions, truth, criminalisation, society, and of course morality.

Its more blog worthy than thread worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        Just mentioning The Sopranos makes life feel better. One day i will watch it all again for the 3rd time.

But the prostitutes thing is an interesting one. I keep meaning to write about it. All the strange factors of the pathetic experience. It addresses trust, guilt, shame, fear, the illusion of physical intimacy, genuine intimacy, carnal pleasure, the delusion of fulfilment, dehumanisation, rapport, confessions, truth, criminalisation, society, and of course morality.

Its more blog worthy than thread worthy.

im actually about to finish it, season 6 episode 4.

write a book about it.........

Comment

the human mind is very susceptible to delusions.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            I didn't say he turned into a ******.

No. The fact that he genuinely believes he had a spiritual experience despite his knowledge of brain functions in stressful situations means he has lost his critical thinking ability.
            I normally side with you, but I disagree here. Scientific explanation for near death experiences is limited, at best.

Comment

Working...
            X