No announcement yet.

Prime Juan Diaz vs Brandon Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Juan Diaz vs Brandon Rios

who would win and who is the overall better fighter?i think diaz was (in his prime when he owned 135) the more well rounded fighter.he could fight going forward,going backward and different angles,and his defense was much better. however rios fought better going forward and had a stronger chin. id say overall better fighter goes to diaz,in a fight, rios would take it
    Diaz
    36.11%
    Rios
    63.89%
    Last edited by FIGHTING_FLIP; 03-21-2012, 12:34 AM.

rios too strong/ too bgi for the baby bull...

Comment

I think Rios is a little better. Rios to me is still unproven. I love the way he fights, but I get the feeling a good boxer will beat him here pretty soon unless they stay away from fighters like that.

Comment

Diaz gets beat if he can't overwhelm his opponent.

He beat a lot of older fighters to gain his #1 position. He just happened to pick on the wrong two in Marquez and Nate.

So Rios by KO.

Comment

how about this one instead....

Juanma vs Diaz

Damn...imagine the action in that fight, jesussss

Comment

great fight...

as we have seen, juan diaz struggles with "boxers" like JMM and malignaggi... he was taken deep by veteran campbell though and was unable to show poise necessary to overcome the cut inflicted on him...

rios hardly resemble those mentioned fighters... he is not a "boxer" like JMM and paulie, and he doesnt have the veteran instincts of campbell...

maybe i have to go with juan diaz on this one as i have yet to see him struggle with "come forward, lets settle this" fighter like rios is... (might i will change my pick in the future as rios develops though...)

Comment

I think the baby bull outworks Rios in this one.

Comment

Since Diaz is from H-town I would be rooting for him but I think Rios would take it. Rios would just be too strong for Diaz imo and Diaz's lack of power wouldn't help either. Would have been a hell of a fight had it happened though.

Comment

The babybull was a hell of a fighter but he had two major problems...

1) Ronnie Shields was his trainer and allowed him to do all his roadwork on machines and what not

2) He was a fatty... he should have been at 126.

Rios at his lightest belongs at 135. Rios brutalizes Diaz. Too big and too much power.

Comment

Diaz' puches come a lot faster on the inside, and Rios cant fight backing up. I think Juan's work rate overwhelms Rios, and Juan wins a unanimous, but close decision.

People forget how good Juan really was in his prime. And I PROMISE you that Nate was on roids for that fight. Juan and his team KNEW A DAY OR TWO BEFORE fight, but Don wouldnt let Juan backout of the fight because it was in Mexico and on HBO. Don didnt want to lose the money, and he was already having problems with Juan Diaz and his manager Willie Savannah.

I know this to be 100% TRUE.... Dont ask me how, because I will not say who in his team told me.
                    Last edited by My Name Is...; 03-20-2012, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X