No announcement yet.

Dana WHITE: "Bob ARUM Is A Jealous Moron!...A Greedy Pig!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $mannyFresh View Post
    I don't know that the boxing way of paying fighters is better than the UFC's, in terms of benefitting the sport. UFC fighters make decent money for their fights, get bonuses for putting on good shows, and come out looking like collages with all the advertising on their gear.

You won't see guys do a Shane Mosley in the UFC because Dana wouldn't allow that.

Bob Arum has been hurting the sport for years so he and his people can rake in millions. I guess it's good business for them but it's selfish and dishonest. Personally, I think anyone defending Bob Arum is naive and I wouldn't doubt that they do so only because he created their favorite fighter.
    ur flattering me

Comment

In all honestly, Arum is an old school promoter. No doubt about that. However... what does he REALLY have to be jealous of? The fact of the matter is that Arum still knows how to sell a fight, and makes/has made far more money than White will probably ever see. Arum has a fighter with the popularity that Dana can only wish to acquire.

I'm not a big Arum fan. At all. But, he's really got nothing to be jealous of. Dana is just a douche bag.

Comment

Originally posted by THe TRiNiTY View Post
        In all honestly, Arum is an old school promoter. No doubt about that. However... what does he REALLY have to be jealous of? .
        The fact that this upstart company/martial arts format secured mainstream TV, they pump out successful PPV's regularly, they outsell all of Arum's non-pacquiao PPV's,

They are more successful with merchandising, they have a cable TV series, They have captured a growing, young audience, and they are REGULARLY doing multi-million dollar gates. In fact, THIS YEAR, UFC has had three events that exceeded $2 million at the gate.

Other than that? Nothing. Other than that, UFC is a complete failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          The fact that this upstart company/martial arts format secured mainstream TV, they pump out successful PPV's regularly, they outsell all of Arum's non-pacquiao PPV's,

They are more successful with merchandising, they have a cable TV series, They have captured a growing, young audience, and they are REGULARLY doing multi-million dollar gates. In fact, THIS YEAR, UFC has had three events that exceeded $2 million at the gate.

That's the thing though. Don't you think Arum could do all of those things? He chooses not to because he would have to spend money to make money. And god forbid that he spend 1 cent to help the business that he's earned so much money from. You think him moving PAC to Showtime so they can use the CBS to inform people about boxing was him doing it for mainstream purpose? **** that. He knew what he was doing. Trying to get HBO and Showtime into a bidding war to make more money. That's all Arum cares about.. His fighters who make him money. Prime example. The resto situation. He went ape **** about not having Reato ever fight again because of loaded gloves.. When Margs did it he couldn't stop defending him. Whatever makes Arum money is his only priority. **** Bob Arum!

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
            That's the thing though. Don't you think Arum could do all of those things? He chooses not to because he would have to spend money to make money. And god forbid that he spend 1 cent to help the business that he's earned so much money from. You think him moving PAC to Showtime so they can use the CBS to inform people about boxing was him doing it for mainstream purpose? **** that. He knew what he was doing. Trying to get HBO and Showtime into a bidding war to make more money. That's all Arum cares about.. His fighters who make him money. Prime example. The resto situation. He went ape **** about not having Reato ever fight again because of loaded gloves.. When Margs did it he couldn't stop defending him. Whatever makes Arum money is his only priority. **** Bob Arum!
            The REALITY?

Take Pac off that roster and UFC > Top Rank.

...and he knows it.

Comment

So has Boxing.

Klitschko vs. Haye
              Pacquiao vs. Mosley
              Hopkins vs. Pascal II
              Bute vs. Magee
              Alvarez vs. Rhodes (I dont know what this did but there was over 15,000 in attendance)

Comment

The REALITY?

Take Pac off that roster and UFC > Top Rank.

...and he knows it.
                But Pacquiao is on the Top Rank roster.

Comment

Boxing will have back to back weeks with gates exceeding far in advance of $2 million with Mayweather vs. Ortiz, Klitschko vs. Adamek. I bet Alvarez vs. Gomez at Staples exceeds $2million lol in 2 weekends Boxing will do 3 gates over $2million.

Comment

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
                    Boxing will have back to back weeks with gates exceeding far in advance of $2 million with Mayweather vs. Ortiz, Klitschko vs. Adamek. I bet Alvarez vs. Gomez at Staples exceeds $2million lol in 2 weekends Boxing will do 3 gates over $2million.
                    But look how few those gates are. How many $2 million gates has boxing had in the past six months?

Take a middling UFC show and take a middling boxing show.
                    1. Rampage vs hamill = $2.6 million, plus PPV
                    2. Khan vs Judah = $700K, no PPV.

I'm no great PPV defender or anything....but i think boxing fans are sleeping on their commercial success.

Comment

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
                      But Pacquiao is on the Top Rank roster.
                      Pacquiao is a once-in-a-generation phenom. The UFC model is more sustainable.

What mega-star did Arum have since Oscar left? UFC doesn't NEED megastars. they have consistency.

Alexander-Bradley has about - what - 2,000 paid tickets?

Comment

Working...
                      X