Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember The 4 Minute Round 1 Of GGG vs Geale?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    4 minutes with Gennady Golovkin. **** that.

Geale's like 'geezus, this guy is a monster...this is like the longest round i've ever had'

Comment

I'm a staunch Geale fan.their was something seriously amiss with the timekeeping,all the guys ringside and not one person was able to halt or alert the timekeeper after the round after had entered its fourth minute,the round still went on a further 60 seconds !

I know networks and their delegates have a vested interest in their investments,but this was beyond a doubt fishy,considering how Geale is by and large easily the most credible opponent GGG has ever faced to date.

If I recall the cut was picked up in the mystery allotted added time too !

Comment

Of all the boxers to be stuck in the ring with for an extra minute, It just had to be GGG. LMAO! Pour Geale

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
          I'm a staunch Geale fan.their was something seriously amiss with the timekeeping,all the guys ringside and not one person was able to halt or alert the timekeeper after the round after had entered its fourth minute,the round still went on a further 60 seconds !

I know networks and their delegates have a vested interest in their investments,but this was beyond a doubt fishy,considering how Geale is by and large easily the most credible opponent GGG has ever faced to date.

Your saying it was deliberate?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            Ironic: NYSAC found these guys to be incompetent because they allowed the round to extend an extra minute, but it takes them almost 6 months to decide that.
            how Fuking long ago was that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post

If you watch the fight again the judge and ringside guys are looking like WTF, but no-one did anything.

Comment

30 seconds to pull out crank,take pic. 30 more to find contact and attach pic and hit send...damn did I ring the bell?

Comment

At the time it felt like someone had a lot of money on a first round KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    At the time it felt like someone had a lot of money on a first round KO.
                    Yeah, Gary Shaw.

Comment

He heard someone describe GGG as a 'throw back fighter' and thought, **** it, we're playing this by Broughton's Rules. This round doesn't end until someone touches the canvas.

He reconsidered when he realised the sentimental nostalgia of it all would reduce Lampley to tears . . . . . Again.

Comment

Working...
                      X