No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia...where is the love?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    His popularity was boosted versus Khan and Matthysse, one of them on a Mayweather undercard. Fighting crappy opponents does not make a fighter more popular.
    For hardcore boxing fans that is true but remember the majority of casuals just interested in a good fight and KOs, fair enough hes only stopped Salka and Malignaggi but his viewing figures suggest hes gaining popularity. Sucks i know wed all prefer him against top level but from a business standpoint it makes sense to fight lower tier (the big problem with boxing)

Comment

Its hard to dislike Danny the man. He comes off as a chill cat & just a guy you could hang with, but its almost equally hard to like Danny the fighter in regards to his recent decisions with opponents & weight selection. And he gets some residual hate just off of Angel saying the things Angel says & has said.

I'm a Danny fan, but he was at a place he coulda parlayed his Matthysse W into a Mayweather fight & he seemed to take the least likely route of getting not just the Mayweather fight, but other big fights from there. That has never really made sense to me & I think that was the beginning of fans turning on him more.

As far as Khan, he's done himself few favors towards fans either, but there is a lot of "what have you done for me lately" type stances in boxing by the average fan &/or majority of fans & regardless of some of Khan's dumb previous episodes you can't hate too hard on him right now for being down to fight Canelo.

Comment

I'm a Garcia fan but post-Matthysse, he has been on a downward spiral, both in terms of opponents and performances. What more is there to say?
        Peterson beat Khan. You Danny haters love to admit that.

Comment

Originally posted by mann187 View Post
          Itll not be long before he fights against the top level again, this always happens in boxing, they take lower level to boost popularity amongst casual audiences. Still a fan here, hopefully well get to see Garcia vs Brook next.
          That would be a good next fight for both guys.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
            Peterson beat Khan. You Danny haters love to admit that.
            Officially yes but most ringside observers and fans and boxing insiders felt Khan won the fight clearly.

Having said that, what makes you think I'm a Danny hater?

Comment

Officially yes but most ringside observers and fans and boxing insiders felt Khan won the fight clearly.

Having said that, what makes you think I'm a Danny hater?
              No they didn't. A lot of people had issue with the point but Khan is a brutal pusher and it's illegal.

You're pretending Peterson and Guerrero aren't legit opponents. The resume speaks for itself.

Comment

Danny beat Mattysse in a war but since that fight he's hasn't been impressive.
                Guerrero's an ok guy for testing the waters at welterweight but Garcia needs to fight a top guy soon to prove he belongs at 147. It'll be interesting to see who the WBC puts up as the mandatory challenger.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
                  All the attention Khan is getting at the moment, despite not having fought in almost a year, proves that most of the people on this forum are shallow, celebrity worshipping, media junkie imbeciles. Khan does what any other fighter would do and goes for the big pay day and all of a sudden there's a hundred threads a day praising him? DSG is far more deserving of attention than feather fisted, glass jawed Khan. Fickle ****s.
                  plus, danny already knocked him out, doesn't make sense

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                    No they didn't. A lot of people had issue with the point but Khan is a brutal pusher and it's illegal.

You're pretending Peterson and Guerrero aren't legit opponents. The resume speaks for itself.
                    Garcia-Peterson was just as controversial as Khan-Peterson though. You can't count one but not the other

Comment

Khan calling out Mayweather so much was kind of pathetic, but I found Garcia never calling for a Mayweather fight even more pathethic.

Comment

Working...
                      X