Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Vasyl Lomachenko truely deserve this Title shot vs Salido ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He beat a ranked wbo contender so yes. This is a legit voluntary title defense for Salido.

Comment

No he does not. He may win a world title but that doesn't change the fact that he never earned a title shot be beating a top 10 contender or two.

Comment

I haven't followed him. If he beat a top 10 guy I guess he has earned a title shot.

Comment

Well actually he won some Jr WBO "title" on his first pro fight. Some intercontinental thing. It is just a strap. Who here views Salido as the champ? Nobody.

Salido is a tough probably top 5 contender of his division. So if Lomo wants to accelerate his career by fighting a top 30 fighter then go to a top 5, all the power to him. It is kind of refreshing in a way. Most fighters with financial backing get pampered. You cannot say he is taking the easy route.

Comment

fuck it, trial by fire
            no guy with 1 pro fight deserves a title fight
            but somebody gets what's coming to them in this one
            if Salido loses, he didn't deserve to have the title
            if Loma loses, he learns a lesson about rushing his pro career

Comment

Does anybody remember who Salido fought after he beat Juanma for his title?

Comment

No he doesn't and its terrible that HBO is letting this happen. This illustrates why titles are so cheapened and how promoters like Arum have compromised the integrity of the sport.

Comment

not at all. this is the pro ranks, amateur credentials should count for something but he should still have to pay his dues as a pro before fighting for a title. i thought rigo got it too quick tbh and he still beat a couple of solid contenders before going for a belt, this is insanity.

not saying he cant win it, i think he will but thats besides the point. he hasnt earned the opportunity yet. i hope he wins but gets beaten up or dropped along the way. he needs that learning experience in order to fulfill his potential and the way he is being rushed he needs it asap.

Comment

No he doesnt. He simply hasnt earned the right as a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Does anybody remember who Salido fought after he beat Juanma for his title?
                      ^
                      This. It's not like Salido's previous challengers were super deserving so I don't know what everyone's big problem is with this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X