No announcement yet.

Odlanier Solis is a fat waste of talent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
    I get the disappointment, but I haven't lost faith.

If you look at his most recent fight, you can see weight resting on his shoulders, bicep and thighs, not so much in his gut.

This is giving him mad power.

Call me crazy, I like this Solis.

I think in the age of 240lbs, 7 Feet tall Heavyweights, I think only this version of Solis can compete.
    TBH i kinda take the other view that against tall big heavyweights shorter fighters are better off staying light and mobile so they can get in and out fast without taking much punishment.
    Last edited by Davros?; 07-14-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Yeah he has talent and skill but is a manatee and won't get to the top unless he gets down to about 230 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
        TBH i kinda take the other view that against tall big heavyweights shorter fighters are better off staying light and mobile so they can get in and out fast without taking much punishment.

I agree with you, IF those small nimble people have power. If they don't, they don't stand a chance. Perfect example of this, Eddie Chambers.

If you look at early Solis fights, he was unable to do One Punch KO's or KD's, and that was against Very Low competiton. Now that he's added that muscle mass to his shoulders, he's hurting people bad and early.

I don't like the apparent inactivity (probably not his fault), but I don't see his weight as an issue for his constant, cut-off the ring, come-forward style.

I feel that he has a better chance at beating the Klits than Haye, Adamek, Valuev, Holyfield, basically anybody else at heavy right now.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
          I feel that he has a better chance at beating the Klits than Haye, Adamek, Valuev, Holyfield, basically anybody else at heavy right now.

I think Solis is a damn good fighter, his weight is too high, but people saying he needs to get down to 220 or 225 are nuts as well. I think 240 is fine for him. that being said he's about 25 lbs off that mark and I don't think he is really putting that extra weight above 240 to good use.

I wonder why David Haye doesn't consider fighting Solis. There is a built in storyline considering their amateur history and it would be one of the select few matchups that people wouldn't crucify Haye for taking.

Solis is rated highly by the WBA whereas Harrison is unranked. Also, Solis stands a much better chance against Haye than he does against Vitali so I think he would jump at the chance.

However, I think this is a case of Lennox Lewis- Riddick Bowe where Haye is terrifed of Solis because of an amateur loss and hill avoid him at all costs.

The list of guys that Haye won't fight just grows longer as the days go by,

Comment

I won't say Solis is a waste of talent because it is still early in his career but I do think he is a bit overrated. Only because he is being mentioned as a title contender and has yet to fight anyone near the top ten. I would like to see him move up in competition before being thrown into title talks.

Comment

His last, for anyone interested:

Comment

Originally posted by tyger View Post
                I won't say Solis is a waste of talent because it is still early in his career but I do think he is a bit overrated. Only because he is being mentioned as a title contender and has yet to fight anyone near the top ten. I would like to see him move up in competition before being thrown into title talks.
                I agree with this. He only has 16 fights. I'd like to see him vs Adamek or even Peter.

Comment

Working...
                X