• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather knocks Pacquiao down in round 1 of the head games

Indianapolis Fight
    Sports Examiner
    By Dennis "dSource" Guillermo

Listen... Floyd Mayweather Jr. is used to being called a ducker, a coward, a runner and all these other things that describe how he has avoided the best fighters within his range. It obviously doesn't not bother him much and as he said himself "legacy don't pay the bills". Because if it has, then why has he still not faced Shane Mosley, Paul Williams just like he had avoided Antonio Margarito and Miguel Cotto in the past?

Mayweather is tough minded in the sense that he does not care enough about what boxing fans think to be affected by it and do something out of his character like taking on a tough opponent for the sake of providing fans excitement and what they want. So forget getting your money's worth. Money May has no boss but himself and is in it for one thing, and in case he hasn't made it obvious yet, it's all about the Benjamins, baby.

You can waste your time chastising and criticizing him all you want, sense is not a language spoken in Mayweatherland- at least not common sense. Everything revolves around "Mayweather-sense". And that is similar to his style in the ring, hit and not get hit, collect the most money while taking the least risk. As objective fight fans would say, "you can hate him all you want but he's a smart dude". Yeap, make no mistake about it. Mayweather is a clever little hustler. Who else can pull off coming in 2 pounds overweight against an already undersized, older and slower opponent, and still become Yahoo.com's number one Pound for Pound best? Mayweather uses his talents and resources wisely. As he said it himself, "While you sleep, I'm working; when you work, guess what? I'm working."

All is fair in love and war, and just as he asked the United States to support him like an American soldier, Money is already in "war mode". So while Pacquiao is distracted by his political ambitions, show business and just about everything else in his home country, Mayweather has been plotting his scheme to take back the throne that was once his and currently owned by Pacquiao.

Mayweather has already unleashed his first attack, and that is to sabotage Pacquiao's image and soften the Filipino mentally, placing his integrity in question behind baseless accusations and distracting his opponent while inciting his anger as he dropped a bomb of a press release a couple of days before Christmas. And say what you will, it worked. Team Mayweather has indeed gotten under Pacquiao's skin even pushing their hand to file a lawsuit.

Honestly, I'm not sure how big a case Pacquiao has on Mayweather. I'm not a lawyer so I'll leave that to the suits. As much as his tirades against Pacquiao are baseless, they have been careful with their word selection to make it seem as if that they are simply inquisitive boy scouts just looking out for the integrity of the sport.

With that said, Pacquiao has always been a stand up guy and is not used to having his reputation as a boxer being tainted by any form of accusations. He has never cheated in the past and he actually is lauded for his sportsmanship inside and outside the ring towards his opponents. And not out of nowhere, he has people calling him a cheater and causing a stir amongst the public, putting him in a bad light. Now he has to answer questions from the media that he probably has never had to his entire career instead of just basking in their praises and adoration. Somebody said the truth hurts, well lies can hurt just as much.

So in this initial stages of head games, Mayweather definitely gets the edge. However, truth can set Pacquiao free. He has issued a counter by taking the Mayweathers to court. But regardless, the damage has already been done somewhat to his reputation. If he somehow comes out with the upper hand in court however and exposing the Mayweathers as flat out liars, then that might provide him some redemption, although I simply do not believe things will turn out as such.

I never believed Mayweather wanted to fight Pacquiao in March. NEVER. This ploy is to simply stall. The fight will indeed happen, but it would be later in the year. Read up on my past articles on why I think that is so. This controversy will drag on for a little bit and Floyd gets his wish of fighting a tune-up elsewhere while talking his way into sounding like a hero saying how he so-called, exposed Pacquiao. Of course his loyal fans will be blinded by facts and support him no matter what. At the end of the day, he gets what he wants and avoids a lot of the scrutiny had he just directly avoided Pacquiao to begin with.

Maybe it's a wake up call for Pacquiao as well to re-focus his attention on his boxing career. I am not glorifying the Mayweather's actions, I am just calling it how I see it. Pacquiao has the biggest target on his back from being Boxing's number 1 cat. And the fact that he is not an American and comes from a third world country should just make him more wary. People hear about Golden Boy and Mayweather's side here all the time, and some with be naturally be inclined to roll with it. As they saying goes, you snooze, you lose. The ball is in your court now Manny. Let's see how you respond to Mayweather's opening hit. His tactics might be dirty, but as it is in the ring, this ain't no tickling match.

It's going to be a long fight. Off the ring, this one will be a 15-rounder. Things can change immediately depending on how Pacquiao's lawsuit plays out. That can be a KO punch for Pacquiao in the second round. Can you imagine Floyd having to watch what he says for example if a gag order is placed on him? That might actually kill him. Honestly a fight of this magnitude need little self-promotion from either fighter anyway. This can definitely become a long process. But as they say, it's not who laughs first, it's who laughs last. Let's just hope, for the sake of Boxing, that this fight does indeed push through.

Mayweather is definitely winning the mind games, the whole point of these testing demands is to turn people against Pac, which they have.

Comment

Yeah its a good article, really puts things into prespective

Comment

Pacquiao could be ruined after this

Comment

Comment

this thread is biased at all...

Comment

FLOYD would have that fight in his hometown and in his WW division.

PACQUIAO agree on all his demands but he refuse to be blood drained by FLOYD
              MAYWEATHER ATHLETIC COMMISION.

FLOYD s resume is complete garbage compare to PACQUIAO.

PACQUIAO is ATG,FLOYD is ATG ducker and coward.

PACQUIAO is best P4P fighter in the world,FROID JR. is HEROIN TRAFFICER SR. s experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by KT UNIT View Post
                FLOYD would have that fight in his hometown and in his WW division.

PACQUIAO agree on all his demands but he refuse to be blood drained by FLOYD
                MAYWEATHER ATHLETIC COMMISION.

FLOYD s resume is complete garbage compare to PACQUIAO.

PACQUIAO is ATG,FLOYD is ATG ducker and coward.

PACQUIAO is best P4P fighter in the world,FROID JR. is HEROIN TRAFFICER SR. s experiment.

Your Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                  this thread is biased at all...
                  And I suppose "Pacland" isn't biased either no?

Comment

Originally posted by z0jo View Post
                    be original :*******:

Comment

Working...
                    X