Collapse
No announcement yet.

It was very obvious yesterday that..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i saw it differently. floyd was just getting hit a lot vs ortiz for me to conclude pac would'nt hit him hell of a lot more. i dont see floyd winning vs pac if he fights like all the southpaws he fought, actually i see him getting stopped within 10 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
      I'm sorry but there is no comparison between Ortiz and Pacquiao aside from them both being southpaws.
      exactly...it's absurd how these people can calculate pac's chances by watching the floyd-ortiz fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Pacquiao would have a tough, tough time man. I can see Mayweather backing him up and taking the fight to close quarters where Pacquiao would be clueless. Quite frankly - especially after seeing how Manny struggled with Mosley's movement - I would give him only a puncher's chance.
        Usually when fighters try to come forward against pac/bully him they get stopped or severely beaten. I thought fighters who come forward against pac are tailor made for him..

Comment

It's funny how ppl are taking this fight an compairing it to if mayweather where to fight Manny, just cause ortiz hit him with sum good punches, did ppl forget we seen a style from floyd that I havent seen since the gotti fight? He was way more aggressive and put together some great combos. Ppl tend to forget that Floyd fights his fight and adjust to whatever his opponet does. So compairing how he fought vs ortiz is really making ppl look stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
            Usually when fighters try to come forward against pac/bully him they get stopped or severely beaten. I thought fighters who come forward against pac are tailor made for him..
            Yeah that's usually because they don't know how to be defensive and come forward. Or they suck defensively, period.

Comment

Who compared Pacquiao to Ortiz? I'm more confident in Mayweather's chances because he's still very sharp, and Manny's slipping in my opinion. Of course both aren't in their physical prime, but only one of them has the attributes to continue to fight at this level.

Comment

Yeah that's usually because they don't know how to be defensive and come forward. Or they suck defensively, period.
                Still when u come forward /walk down your opponent you put yourself in a situation to get hit and hurt. Floyd may be a defensive wizard but when he thinks offensively especially against pac (who is arguably one of the best offensive fighters in the game) he is putting himself in a situation where he can get tagged and hurt. Floyd's best bet is to stand his ground let pac jump in and then counter. if you try to walk down pac you can't expect not to get hurt.

Comment

Still when u come forward /walk down your opponent you put yourself in a situation to get hit and hurt. Floyd may be a defensive wizard but when he thinks offensively especially against pac (who is arguably one of the best offensive fighters in the game) he is putting himself in a situation where he can get tagged and hurt. Floyd's best bet is to stand his ground let pac jump in and then counter. if you try to walk down pac you can't expect not to get hurt.
                  Not Floyd - and none of those fighters Manny fight are on the same defensive planet. Universe. At all. Bad comparison.

Comment

Not Floyd - and none of those fighters Manny fight are on the same defensive planet. Universe. At all. Bad comparison.
                    And none of the fighters floyd fought are on the same offensive level as pac, which is why Floyd vs pac is such an interesting fight to watch.

Comment

And none of the fighters floyd fought are on the same offensive level as pac, which is why Floyd vs pac is such an interesting fight to watch.
                      Mayweather TKO11.

Comment

Working...
                      X