No announcement yet.

Hip Hop (The Next Generation)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hip Hop (The Next Generation)

We still have several top emcee's still going hard and relevant, but the next generation is right before our eyes. Who do you guys think will carry and lead the next generation of emcee's???

*Note- I'm not a fan of all these guys but these will be most of the emcee's we hear about the next 5-10 years most likely, that we know of right now.

Kendrick Lamar
    J. Cole
    Drake
    Yelawolf
    Logic
    Machine Gun Kelly
    Big KRIT
    Mac Miller
    Wiz Khalifa
    Macklemore
    Big Sean

Add any up and coming emcee's who you think could carry on with the next generation of emcee's.

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    We still have several top emcee's still going hard and relevant, but the next generation is right before our eyes. Who do you guys think will carry and lead the next generation of emcee's???

*Note- I'm not a fan of all these guys but these will be most of the emcee's we hear about the next 5-10 years most likely, that we know of right now.

Kendrick Lamar
    J. Cole
    Drake
    Yelawolf
    Logic
    Machine Gun Kelly
    Big KRIT
    Mac Miller
    Wiz Khalifa
    Macklemore
    Big Sean

Add any up and coming emcee's who you think could carry on with the next generation of emcee's.
    Let me ask a question .... {I honestly do not know}

How many rapper's are there per city? {Estimate}

It would seem that there are hundreds in every major city, and since there are so many, isn't it likely that the best will get lost in the sauce?

Comment

The next generation will be hand-selected by the record labels based purely on market appeal and not at all on talent. Just like the current one. I mean with commercial rock music, yeah it's ****ing awful, but at least you can say it still fits within the definition of the genre. But I often question whether or not any of this stuff can legitimately be called hiphop
      Last edited by Miburo; 10-22-2012, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
        Let me ask a question .... {I honestly do not know}

How many rapper's are there per city? {Estimate}

It would seem that there are hundreds in every major city, and since there are so many, isn't it likely that the best will get lost in the sauce?
        Well I'm talking about the emcee's who will keep hip relevant in the music industry. I love underground hip hop as much as the next person, though I don't hate the mainstream emcee's like lots of the underground hip hop fans. I love underground hip hop, and they can spit, but the problem with the underground is a lot the songs sound the same, and that's what turns some people off.

Kendrick and Logic are the top 2 coming up right now.

Comment

Wiz khalifa has turned to ****e

Comment

I lost all interest.......unfortunately I do not have time to sit and research underground hip hop all the time so I am left to listening to whatever is on the radio and honestly its become beyond terrible...

Guys who used to rap "nobody listens to techno" use so much electronic music elements in their "music" that it often hard to draw the line between the two.

Lyrics are just a joke....some of the **** weeeeZYYyy raps about is border line restarted, and dont get me started with rick ross....

"That’s gangsta: Al Capone I make that ***** spit like Bone I'm talkin' 'bout bone, bone, bone bone"

Drake doesnt even rap he sings all the time...

So for me......none of them carry the torch.......(like I said, underground aside because for most underground dont exist, because well......its underground)

hip hop has been dead, this **** we hear today is just something else...Blues was one thing, rocknroll something else....this is what is happening now, hiphop was one thing....this new stuff is yet to get a name.

Comment

Alyssa Marie
              I don't know if she will ever make it big but I hope she does.

Comment

Snow Da Product > any ghetto bum rapper that's on the radio nowadays

and I don't even listen to rap anymore

Comment

Man people need to listen to some of these guys. Logic isn't even on the radio yet, but his mixtapes are getting a lot of plays.

Kendrick, Logic, Big KRIT, Yelawolf, and even J. Cole, all are talented and spit, and actually spit about more than a lot of the weak emcee's like Wayne, Tyga, Minaj, etc.

Slaughterhouse are also dope.

Snow Da Product can spit better than any female around now. But nothing she says isn't anything Yela or Logic can't or don't say, and she's certainly not as talented on the mic as Em or Nas.

Comment

I spent a lot of 2011 traveling and working on music, and I have to say if there's one trend I noticed and ****ing despised, it's this huge surge of white rappers I'm seeing around. It's like every failed rocker is now either a dubstep DJ or a ****ing rapper.

I have nothing against rap music, but I have a serious problem with white rappers. Eminem was cool in that he was an exception to the rule, but when I see these ****ing clowns from Salt Lake City, Seattle, and Oklahoma doing diss tracks I get seriously disgusted. Haven't we coopted enough black culture?

Comment

Working...
                    X