Mandatory Defence for Huck Against Afolabi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandatory Defence for Huck Against Afolabi

Should Huck have stayed at heavyweight?

I've been really impressed with Afolabi since his narrow points defeat to Huck last time they met.

Cruiserweight division seems to be improving as well, guys like Huck, Hernandez, Lebedev and Wlodarczyk seem to be on a similar level.

Guys like Tarver, Ross and Cunningham may be able to come again, plus you got the likes of Afolabi and Kayode and BJ Flores coming through.

Originally posted by G_Child_123 View Post
    Should Huck have stayed at heavyweight?

I've been really impressed with Afolabi since his narrow points defeat to Huck last time they met.

Cruiserweight division seems to be improving as well, guys like Huck, Hernandez, Lebedev and Wlodarczyk seem to be on a similar level.

Guys like Tarver, Ross and Cunningham may be able to come again, plus you got the likes of Afolabi and Kayode and BJ Flores coming through.
    theres plenty of talent in the division, we just gotta hope they are willing to fight one another. afolabi has looked great recently, a rematch between him and huck will be very interesting. i havent seen huck fight in a long time so i cant make a prediction but afolabi is a threat to any CW, i know that much.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      theres plenty of talent in the division, we just gotta hope they are willing to fight one another. afolabi has looked great recently, a rematch between him and huck will be very interesting. i havent seen huck fight in a long time so i cant make a prediction but afolabi is a threat to any CW, i know that much.
      Yeah check out some of Huck's recent fights. Most of them are pretty routine defences, but the Lebedev bout is the questionable points decision. Although he gave a hell of a lot against Povetkin challenging for the WBA heavyweight belt, probably disappointed not to have got him out of there.

Afolabi seems to have really come into his own in his last handful of bouts, since he has mixed it in the Klitschko training camps and fought on their shows.

Comment

I'm really liking Afolabi in and out the ring. The guy is a great character! Talks so well and has come on leaps and bounds. Did anyone see his interview after his fight in Germany? It was on ringside, he made me laugh with his "I'm doing it for Britain, I've got a bit yank in me but doing it for Britain". I recall seeing his early fights on Sky and not being that impressed but the dude walked straight into the pro game with 0 amateur fights.

Comment

Working...
        X