Pound for Pound BANGERS-- One Punch KO artists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pound for Pound BANGERS-- One Punch KO artists

Who are The Great ONE-PUNCH Finishers
    And Who are some Unheralded Fighters Who Could BANG !!!!!
    A Few Great Bangers I can name from my own Country were 3 Aboriginal Boxers,... Bantamweight ELLEY BENNETT,.... A kittle fella who hit like WW,..... Ron Richards,... probably the first man to put the Great Archie Moore on the canvas, with his FIRST PUNCH !!!,.. apart from that little gem, Ron Richards is famous for his incredible TEN fights with the other world ranked MW,. Fred HENNEBURY,.. Those Ten Fights were some of the most vicious fight series in history AND THE MOST Savage in the annals of Australian boxing,... Henneberry lost FIVE By DQ !!!!!!!!!!................... .............. And the almost forgotten MW,.. JERRY JEROME..... A Dynamite puncher who mixed it with the best............ Last bit on Elley Bennett, the only man to thwart Bennetts Rise to world honours was Jimmy Carruthers the former undisputed Bantamweight champion of the world,...... Carruthers beat Bennett in one of the best fights of the 50's........... Elley Bennett was a small bantamweighy,.. but boy, could he whack.........
    So Bring out your Lew Jenkins's and your Mike Tysons,...... But lets try to bring forth some lesser known fighters, especially fighters from your own countries,... guys like the phenominal Benny Lynch,.... World champion status IS NOT Required,
    :ANYWORD:Extravaganz

Khosai galaxy is a largely forgotten banger

he never really left thailand (i think he fought in japan, but i could be wrong and don't feel like checking the boxrec)

he was an unbelievable puncher
    i don't even get how it was possible with a jr bantamweight body, but he was heavily muscled

where do you even put he food?
    ^^

genetic gifts, certainly.

he could knock a guy out with either hand

Comment

Ok I'll try. I don't think anyone here has ever heard of him. Regilio Tuur. Small guy who could power up one hell of a 1 punch KO. He was around in the late 80s through the 90s;

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
        Ok I'll try. I don't think anyone here has ever heard of him. Regilio Tuur. Small guy who could power up one hell of a 1 punch KO. He was around in the late 80s through the 90s;
        OK thanks, do you know if there's some film,.... He's a new one to me, perfect,... I want guys like him and Elley Bennett brought up..... it's good to bring them back into the light of day........ ESPECIALLY The BANGERS, one of my favorite breeds.

Comment

Banger --- Elley BENNETT

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
          OK thanks, do you know if there's some film,.... He's a new one to me, perfect,... I want guys like him and Elley Bennett brought up..... it's good to bring them back into the light of day........ ESPECIALLY The BANGERS, one of my favorite breeds.
          JIMMY CARRUTHERS cracking ELLEY BENNETT.. For Australian Title
          Last edited by McGoorty; 08-12-2011, 06:42 PM.

Comment

[B]Elley Bennett In action against Cecil Schoonmaker----- plus more[/B]

Comment

////////////////////////.. Banger -- RON RICHARDS !!!..///////////

Comment

Interesting thread. Couple o' names I've not heard before.

Comment

Wayne Alexander was one of the purest punchers i saw, he had so many STUNNING one punch KO's, never the greatest fighter but he should have gone further than he did

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                    Interesting thread. Couple o' names I've not heard before.
                    Yeah, that was the idea, Bennett would have been more well known, but he ran into Carruthers, the best Bantamweight in the world....... But if you watch those videos above, you might see how hard Bennett could punch, some of his opponents have said that ELLEY was THE hardest P4p puncher ever,.... BIG claim,...... but Bennett had super-natural power, he wasn't an infallible fighter, But man, could he whack !!!!!.... Ron Richards may have been the single hardest punching Middleweight of them all,....... some of those punches of his on the above films seem like atomic bombs.

Comment

Working...
                    X