No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Trainer Hopes Jacobs Does Not Price Himself Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Can'tHoldMeBack View Post
    They said why they didn't say anything about contract then out of respect for smith, all loeffler had to do was say they lying just got contract instead he confirmed everything gbp have said didn't refute one thing and now have even sent a counter offer
    I don't doubt they sent a contract, I highly doubt they sent one for 8 figures + upside a month ago. What does Oscars no upside Hardline stance have to do with respect for Smith?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Abel Sanchez, trainer of IBO/WBA/WBC/IBF middleweight champion Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin (36-0, 34KOs), is hoping an agreement is reached with mandatory challenger Daniel Jacobs (32-1, 29KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]
      Mostly GGG trolls on this site. Of course GGG deserves a 60/40 split and those who don't think so can go fly a kite.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        I was just saying the same thing about GGG and his ridiculous counter offer to Canelo!
        Your comment is ten times more ridiculous than anything I've read today.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          75-25 if it goes to bid
          Thanks, I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            One guy is making $2m per fight; the other guy is making $20m per fight.

Let's not delude ourselves here.
            Canelo is not making $20 million per fight, please show me where he is. He has twice in his career, twice.

Comment

It's never Team GGG fault for everything. It's always the other side that needs to do something. That's just doesn't sound right.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                There are levels to this game. When Roach is saying "If we look good against Vargas, maybe we get Floyd," that tells me Manny still needs a Mayweather paycheck. When I read Team Golovkin constantly talking about Canelo, I know they need that Canelo paycheck! I've never read "Floyd says Canelo is not a star!" I've never read "Canelo says Floyd is scared to give me a rematch!" There are stars, and there are "superstars." Everyone knows who is who!
                Roach wants revenge, Pacquaio is doing just fine financially after that last fiasco a few years ago. That dude will never have to worry about food on the table considering he now owns one of the largest chunks of agriculture on that island. Golovkin does not need Canelo despite what you think, Golovkin has stated he has two maybe three years in the sport has been well paid and doesn't need to maintain entourages and extended family. Just because the man isn't flashy folks assume he ain't sitting on some major bank. He's the first of his country to do what he's done, folks don't understand what being a global star means in countries with upticking economies and someone to put on camera. If you think Golovkin isn't caking up outside of the ring you might want to check why american actors make more money off commercials in asia then they do from movies. Foreign fighters who make a name for themselves often retain the tv rights to their fights in their native countries and sometimes countries around that country. I don't like talking boxing finances because frankly I don't care about other people's finances but boxing fans tend to think of money in a very linear point of view when there is more money to be made than meets the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                  Canelo is not making $20 million per fight, please show me where he is. He has twice in his career, twice.
                  Alvarez-Smith did over 50k seats at ATT Stadium (likely sold 40k tickets), netted nearly $10m on the PPV, did a really strong rating in Mexico, and has a promoter's share on his own fights (if the numbers from when Schaefer was running things still hold, Alvarez ends up taking home 80% to 85% of the net proceeds on the fight), among other revenues.

the pieces add up to a ****-ton of money for Alvarez whenever he fights.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    there is nothing "ridiculous" about their counter offer. They are not saying "pay us $50 million", they are saying "pay us 40% of what the fight actually earns in real life", be it $50 bucks or $50 million.

Nothing unreasonable about that........
                    What these clowns don't realize, is that its actually cantsello who is pricing himself out. He has nowhere else to go to make the kind of money he will with GGG. They act like he can fight the Charlos, Andrade, or anyone else for what he will make with GGG.

He can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      It's never Team GGG fault for everything. It's always the other side that needs to do something. That's just doesn't sound right.
                      There's also a very vocal cadre of posters on this very forum who would have you believe that everything is GGGs fault. The truth probably lies somewhere in between.

Comment

Working...
                      X