Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Smith PPV Buyrate is Not Expected To Break 300K

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess Canelo isn't the draw Golden Girl wants us to believe he is.
    He needs Golvolkin now!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
      He needs Golvolkin now!
      Not really

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
        He needs Golvolkin now!
        ???? Even if he did 200K and drew the 50K fans... That's a WIN-WIN! Please provide a fighter with better #'s than that lately???

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          ???? Even if he did 200K and drew the 50K fans... That's a WIN-WIN! Please provide a fighter with better #'s than that lately???
          Exactly!!. These Lil G fans are so blind

Comment

Originally posted by pepzz View Post
            Not really
            Yeah I didn't understand that comment at all???

GTARD's that was against Liam SMITH!!!!

Raise your hand if you knew who he was????

Comment

Originally posted by TudorMiron View Post
              How much was Canelo Smith gate? + (65*300k) 20000000/

How much was GGG gate? + (22*500k) 10000000 (50%) of Canelo's number.

When we have those numbers together that may represent a fair split of revenue. May be K2 is thinking that this fight will generate more than 40 mil?

I don't know, may be K2 is hoping for 65/35 or something more real 70/30%

I'm a GGG fan from when he was amateur (I'm from Russia) - he was kind of a legend over here (even with that Gidarbekov loss. He was competing very well (silver medal) with much bigger guys.

I do think that Oscar has every reason to affraid that his cash caw is likely to face another loss and it might be more damaging than Mayweather loss.

I think that 70/30 is OK split.

Thanks
              Ted
              The live gate comparison doesn't tell us much.. Canelo/Smith was staged in an 80,000 seat stadium, in Texas, on Mexican independence weekend, and 51,000 tickets were sold.

With no stadiums available in the UK during the football season, GGG/Brook was staged in the 17,000 seat 02 Arena. And tickets sold out in less than 10 minutes.

Comparing PPV sales ... Canelo/Smith - 250/300k from 126.4 US households.

GGG/Brook - 500k from 27 million UK households. The HBO PPV's cost 3x more than the Sky PPV's doe.

I don't have figures for the worldwide audiences. But I would think GGG/Brook >> Canelo/Smith worldwide.
              Last edited by kafkod; 09-22-2016, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TudorMiron View Post
                How much was Canelo Smith gate? + (65*300k) 20000000/

How much was GGG gate? + (22*500k) 10000000 (50%) of Canelo's number.

When we have those numbers together that may represent a fair split of revenue. May be K2 is thinking that this fight will generate more than 40 mil?

I don't know, may be K2 is hoping for 65/35 or something more real 70/30%

I'm a GGG fan from when he was amateur (I'm from Russia) - he was kind of a legend over here (even with that Gidarbekov loss. He was competing very well (silver medal) with much bigger guys.

I do think that Oscar has every reason to affraid that his cash caw is likely to face another loss and it might be more damaging than Mayweather loss.

I think that 70/30 is OK split.

Thanks
                Ted
                Why??? Golden Boy is going to have to do all the WORK getting these dish/cable provders promote the fight while K2 sits back. Your DUMB!

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  The live gate comparison is doesn't tell us much.. Canelo/Smith was staged in an 80,000 seat stadium, in Texas, on Mexican independence weekend, and 50.000 tickets were sold.

With no stadiums available in the UK during the football season, GGG/Brook was staged in the 17,000 seat 02 Arena. And tickets sold out in less than 10 minutes.

Comparing PPV sales ... Canelo/Smith, 250/300k from 126.4 US households.

GGG/Brook, 500k from 27 million UK households. The HBO PPV's cost 3x more than the Sky PPV's doe.

I don't have figures for the worldwide audiences. But I would think GGG/Brook >> Canelo/Smith worldwide.
                  Too bad your forgot about Liam Smith. I can honestly say I NEVER heard of him before this!!!! Those numbers looks like someone HIT the LOTTERY. And I doubt Canelo got those by Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                    lmao wtf? Um, no it means its in high 200's idiot. WTF are you smoking pass it this way
                    Are you fucking blind of hate? This article here tells you the real numbers, GGG did 150k vs Lemieux and 500k vs Brook.

Canelo did LESS than 300k. Meaning its, maybe 210, maybe 250, maybe 290k, its not 300k.

Maybe you should go to school and educate yourself before making a fool out of you for not being able to read an article.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      The live gate comparison doesn't tell us much.. Canelo/Smith was staged in an 80,000 seat stadium, in Texas, on Mexican independence weekend, and 50.000 tickets were sold.

Comparing PPV sales ... Canelo/Smith - 250/300k from 126.4 US households.

GGG/Brook - 500k from 27 million UK households. The HBO PPV's cost 3x more than the Sky PPV's doe.

Do you think Brook/GGG got those numbers because of Brook or GGG??? Serious question? And not trolling.

Comment

Working...
                      X