No announcement yet.

Had my first exhibition fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had my first exhibition fight

Been training for a couple months and was in and out the gym at when I was younger. Anyway had my first exhibition fight 2 months ago and I won a decision it was a pretty good fight. But now they want me to fight again this month which was no problem. But............... I went to another gym to spar and got my ass handed to me. We sparred three, 3 minute rounds and I just couldnt do much of anything. Had to take a knee in the third but finished the round so, now im thinking to cancel my fight this month

Why did you get your ass handed to you; because of your conditioning or because of skill? How does your scheduled opponent compare to the guy you sparred with? Unless you feel that scheduled opponent is really going to put the hurt on you, I would say go for it. It's just an exhibition fight, right? You could learn a lot.

Comment

Don't cancel the fight... fighting is what makes you better.

Comment

I don't have a ton of experience myself, but I definately would say DON'T cancel the fight. It doesn't count against any record, and the worst thing that could happen would be to lose, but still gain experience and help you to learn. Unless you're really physically shook up still, not just mentally, I'd say go for it and use the loss as a learning experience. Go back and pick apart what you could've changed or done differently, and apply them to your next fight.

Comment

I wasnt really hurting but I am lacking defense. I took a knee in the third, got up and finished the round. I was in shape but taking punches tires me out. When I get hit with a combo I freeze up and lose stamina like crazy. My conditioning shouldn't be a problem I just need to learn how to react when I get hit with more than one punch. And as for the exhibition, more than 250ppl showed up last time and I really want to be in top of my game for it

Comment

wait how do u win a descision in an exhibiotion fight they're not scored and they dont go on your record?

Comment

Working...
            X