Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Williams vs Floyd Mayweather Jr at 147! who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Burner II View Post
    Williams would beat Floyd....I just dont see May doing anything to slow him down.
    aye, I know you won some points off williams tonight. I'm awaiting 450k haha

Comment

Originally posted by sicklelee View Post
      Could the former P4P king comeback and beat a hot young lion like Paul Williams at WW??

Floyd is one of the best to ever put on a pair of gloves but could a guy like Williams after tonites performance give him his first lost??
      Mayweather dont want any of what PWill is bringin. Nor can he take it

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        Uh, tough to call, hard to imagine this fight. I lean towards Williams just being a bad match up for a defensive, smaller fighter like Floyd. I mean be real, Floyd is a small Welterweight, he really should be at 140. Williams is a freak of a nature. I think it would be difficult for Floyd to WIN ROUNDS because williams throws so many damn punches. I seriously doubt floyd could hurt williams enough to slow him down. And great defense alone will not beat Williams.
        But it helps considerably. Defense and movement reduce work rate. You're a Hopkins fan, so you should know that first hand.

In the first Quintana fight, Quintana made Williams look really damn sluggish because of the movement. Williams punches of 100 dropped to around 80-60 with movement from just Carlos Quintana.

Floyd's movement, defense, and timing (well when he was actually fighting. I'll assume this is Floyd with no rust vs Williams) are great. Well place jabs to the stomach would disrupt Williams and then he'd move. Williams is really open to counters. His defense is not amazing, but it's a little better.

Still even the reach, Floyd would be able to get past it with the speed and timing.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          aye, I know you won some points off williams tonight. I'm awaiting 450k haha
          Lol...NSB riule...NEVER BET AGINST PAUL...EVER!!!

But he has so many haters that pick fights with their hearts...hes easy money.

Im waiting on 335,000k

Comment

Paul's the only boxer in the world who's capable of beating Floyd. And Floyd's the only boxer in the world who's capable of beating Paul.

Comment

miguel cotto has a better chance against that beast,

Comment

Looks like 3 years ago.. most people thought Paul Williams would have been a great challenger... one that Floyd of course avoided.

a career of 'what if's is Floyd Mayweather.

3 years later... I still believe Paul Williams would have seriously pushed Floyd. Just too god damn big and throw too many punches..

This is the case of a GREAT Small man vs a Good REALLY Big man..

Williams was more like 6'2 1/2 instead of 6'1 as listed.. He was a truely massive WW...

Williams is obviously NO WHERE near as good as Hearns.. but he got very good stamina- high work rate- and never stops throwing.. fan friendly style.

Honestly if Floyd had fought Williams and even if Floyd won like 8-4 or 7-5.. Judges might have given it to Williams on style looks alone.

Comment

Yup, remember Williams call Floyd out but Floyd wanted no part of Williams. Floyd already said it ... "my health is more important" than taking risks .... why should we not believe Floyd when he says something like that?

Floyd even proved it by avoiding the "risky" fights.

Williams had the great work rate, reach, height, heart, south paw, .... not even those with more power slowed his work rate much, so why would it be different if Floyd, who is not a big puncher, slow down Williams? Not even Martinez was able to slow him down much except when he KOed Williams.

Comment

Working...
                  X