Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeffrey Delisle: Selling Military Secrets To Russia - Why Let Russia Off With It?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeffrey Delisle: Selling Military Secrets To Russia - Why Let Russia Off With It?

"Delisle, 41, pleaded guilty in October to espionage for selling secrets to the Russians. He worked at a naval intelligence center and had access to information shared by Canada, the United States, Britain, Australia and New Zealand. The prosecution said he would search for Russian references on his work computer, transfer it to a USB key, then take it home and paste it into an email program that he shared with his Russian handler."

This Canadian, Jeffrey Delisle, was found to be selling military information to Russia and he was making $3,000 a month from the Russians to do it. I had no idea this kind of stuff was still going on!! I'm sure there was a British guy called Edward Devenney recently that tried it but the people he thought were Russians were actually British agents. There's no proof the Russians asked Devenney to do it but in the case of Delisle they have emails going back and forth and caught him with money etc... he was paid with. Delisle has been sentenced to 20 years (he deserved far worse) but nothing seems to be happening to Russia. We know the Russians were in on it. I'm not suggesting Britain and USA declare war on Russia but surely we should kick their embassys out or publicly acknowledge their wrong doing.

It's like if the Police caught a guy doing drugs but instead of arresting him they wanted to know where he was getting them so they observed him. They find out who the drug dealer is and have evidence to support it but only arrest the guy doing the drugs and they leave the actual drug dealer alone.

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
    "Delisle, 41, pleaded guilty in October to espionage for selling secrets to the Russians. He worked at a naval intelligence center and had access to information shared by Canada, the United States, Britain, Australia and New Zealand. The prosecution said he would search for Russian references on his work computer, transfer it to a USB key, then take it home and paste it into an email program that he shared with his Russian handler."

This Canadian, Jeffrey Delisle, was found to be selling military information to Russia and he was making $3,000 a month from the Russians to do it. I had no idea this kind of stuff was still going on!! I'm sure there was a British guy called Edward Devenney recently that tried it but the people he thought were Russians were actually British agents. There's no proof the Russians asked Devenney to do it but in the case of Delisle they have emails going back and forth and caught him with money etc... he was paid with. Delisle has been sentenced to 20 years (he deserved far worse) but nothing seems to be happening to Russia. We know the Russians were in on it. I'm not suggesting Britain and USA declare war on Russia but surely we should kick their embassys out or publicly acknowledge their wrong doing.

It's like if the Police caught a guy doing drugs but instead of arresting him they wanted to know where he was getting them so they observed him. They find out who the drug dealer is and have evidence to support it but only arrest the guy doing the drugs and they leave the actual drug dealer alone.
    Are you saying that Canada should declare war on Russia? I... wouldn't be up for that.

I think the long answer is that espionage happens. You think CSIS doesn't have information on Russia? You think the CIA doesn't have info on Canada? You think MI6 doesn't have information on the United States?

Hey if a Russian general wants to sell Russian military secrets we would buy em. The Canadian government didn't declare a military oath of fealty to Russia.

That's the thing: Buying secrets isn't actually a crime. Selling them is. Should be charged with treason.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Are you saying that Canada should declare war on Russia? I... wouldn't be up for that.

I think the long answer is that espionage happens. You think CSIS doesn't have information on Russia? You think the CIA doesn't have info on Canada? You think MI6 doesn't have information on the United States?

Hey if a Russian general wants to sell Russian military secrets we would buy em. The Canadian government didn't declare a military oath of fealty to Russia.

That's the thing: Buying secrets isn't actually a crime. Selling them is. Should be charged with treason.
      I wasn't meaning Canada, I meant USA and UK as it seems it was information regarding these 2 amongst others. I know this **** goes on, I didn't realise it was still this bad though, but it just feels like Russia have been caught in the act but face no consequences. I'm not saying anyone should declare war on anyone but Russia should get some sort of slap on the wrist.

It's like catching your girlfriend in bed with another man and going nuts at her and kicking her out then turning to the man she was nailing and shaking his hand saying "No hard feelings mate!!"

Comment

He got sentenced to 20 years behind bars. He'll have lots of time to think about the crimes he did. He could have robbed a few banks, got way more money and less time if caught.

Comment

Why let Russia off with it? The hell is anyone going to do? Start a war? Good luck. Besides, it's not like the same sh%t isn't happening in Russia (spies selling info to the US, UK, etc.).

Comment

Working...
          X