Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broke up with my girl (two days after we got back from holiday)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Broke up with my girl (two days after we got back from holiday)

Things had not been great between me and my girl leading up to our holiday. We weren't seeing each other much as she works full time, and I'm busy with exams. However, I thought going away together would give us a chance to patch things up, and make things good again, like they were when we first starting dating.

I knew the holiday wasn't going to go well as soon as I arrived at the airport. She wasn't very talkative and seemed closed off. Therefore I felt slighted, and closed her off in retaliation. As expected, things were tense between us throughout the holiday, and we both picked and digged at each other constantly. There was still sex, moments of tenderness (cuddles, glances, and stolen kisses) but overall it wasn't a fun trip. I ignored her for 90% of it, and I knew this would have hurt her.

One night I decided to ask her why she was so closed off and she replied that I was the one being closed off while she was just tired and stressed from her busy work schedule. She said that I make her feel used because as soon as she visits my house I'm tearing her clothes off before I've even said hello, we don't have any fun any more, and I make her feel stupid. I obviously denied all these things, even though they are partly true, and became even more of an arsehole. She then said that our relationship wasn't working and she wants to be selfish with her time to do what she wants.

I was still upset when I woke up in the morning, so I decided I would take it out on her. I basically demanded her to give me a blowj*b. I knew this would upset her and make her feel worthless, but I wasn't thinking straight, and was upset. It was a huge mistake looking back and I feel ashamed having asked her like that. I didn't even want one, I just wanted to see the same hurt in her eyes that I had.

Anyway, once we parted at the airport I knew I had messed up and sent her an e-mail to apologise (her phone was broken) and to say how I was going to change, and how things are going to be like they used to be. She replied and said that she's confused and wants some time to herself. On top of this, she said that she has been in relationships for the past 8 years (she is 24) and just wants to find herself and have fun.

This was on Thursday. We've txted a few times since and she's agreed to meet for for drinks and to talk on Wednesday, but I'm unsure of how to approach the situation? Do I ask her for another chance, or just talk, not put her under any pressure, and let her make up her own mind?

When things are good, we're great together. We have so much fun, and love being around each other. But the last time she said she loved me was two weeks ago, and our relationship has been struggling long before that. I admit that sometimes I'm very difficult to deal with. I push people away, my mood is temperamental, and I'm a little insecure. I know these things don't do me any favours. Still, I know I can grow from them if given the opportunity.

Any advice peeps?

Post her phone number.

Comment

you send way to emotional. are you, by chance, depressed?

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
        she has been in relationships for the past 8 years (she is 24) [and just wants to find herself and have fun.
        It sounds like she wants to get dicked down by someone else mate.....
        with out all the emotional baggage

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          yeah boss - that's what i was thinking. you were just a touch more blunt. lol

Comment

Stay broken up. From what you described, for whatever reason, its not working between you two.

End of post.

Comment

I basically demanded her to give me a blowj*b. I knew this would upset her and make her feel worthless, but I wasn't thinking straight, and was upset. It was a huge mistake looking back and I feel ashamed having asked her like that. I didn't even want one.

Comment

Tell her how you feel bro. If she shows for drinks, she's trying. You've already admitted that half of this is indeed your fault. Working full time & exams can def be hard on a relationship. But in America & western civilization in general, it's easy to break up because casual sex is nothing but a bar & a drink away. True love is rare brother & you have to fight for it. Have that drink, talk about the good times, tell her your a fighter & will fight for her, like I said, if she shows she's willing to fight too.

Comment

Yup........

Comment

This ^^^^

It's harsh but it's true. Couples get bored of each other and want a bit of excitement.

Maybe when she has had a dick or 2 inside her she will be happy and want to get back with you.

Anyway take this opportunity to play the field a bit yourself.

Comment

Working...
                    X