No announcement yet.

Pound-for-Pound Biggest Punchers in Boxing History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pound-for-Pound Biggest Punchers in Boxing History

I'm interested to see who people think are the heaviest handed fighters in history. I've been watching fights and highlight reels of two big contenders in Naseem Hamed and Joe Louis recently. It's frightening how much power some fighters have. Power can be a complete game changer in any fight.

Anyway, nominate a fighter and argue your case. I'll nominate someone and put forward a case a bit later.

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
    I'm interested to see who people think are the heaviest handed fighters in history. I've been watching fights and highlight reels of two big contenders in Naseem Hamed and Joe Louis recently. It's frightening how much power some fighters have. Power can be a complete game changer in any fight.

Anyway, nominate a fighter and argue your case. I'll nominate someone and put forward a case a bit later.
    George Foreman ,Mike Tyson...my mind hasgone a bit blank and I'll probably get crucified for this but Arther Abraham always has me on the edge of my seat because of what he did to Jermain Taylor,looked like he threw a breeze block at him

Comment

Pipino Cuevas, Thomas Hearns, Stanley Ketchel, Ray Robinson, George Foreman, Julian Jackson (prob number 1), Naseem Hamed

Comment

Julian Jackson, Mike Tyson, Thomas Hearns, George Foreman, Wilfredo Gomez, Ray Robinson, Joe Louis, Sonny Liston.

Yeah, damn straight I'm reeling off heavyweights. That type of power knows no limit. Sorry, reality.

Comment

Sam Langford! Bob Fitzsimmons! Joe Louis!

Good shout with Gomez.

Comment

Bob Fitzsimmons, Jimmy Wilde

Comment

Hah, damn it bb, was just about to say "Langford and Fitz deserve a big shout too" but you were fast on that trigger. Those two could top Such a list, but I opted to stick to fighters on film.

Wilfredo was indeed scary powerful @ 122. Zarate at Bantam as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TAC602 View Post
                Hah, damn it bb, was just about to say "Langford and Fitz deserve a big shout too" but you were fast on that trigger. Those two could top Such a list, but I opted to stick to fighters on film.

There's some nice footage of Sam Langford making a ragdoll of Jeanette and Lang. I have a highlight of Langford if you haven't seen it yet.

Comment

The 24 min one? Believe I have. That was the film that surfaced that showed Langford really knew what he was doing in the ring. A few people had been dissapointed with the previous lower quality stuff that was available beforehand.

Would love to see him 1-punch KO Harry Wills.

Comment

Originally posted by TAC602 View Post

Based on what I have read ( I have seen a little of Langford) those would be my picks. Based on what I have seen,Thomas Hearns, who seemed to take KO power in every division he fought in.

Comment

Working...
                    X