No announcement yet.

Marquez is to Barrera and Morales what Hopkins is to Jones and Toney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    I know no one will care because the thread doesn't have Pacquiao or Mayweather in the title.

But I'm old enough to see them in their primes.

Morales and Barrera were way better than Marquez.

Bernard wasn't shiet compared to Roy and James.

Only thing Hopkins and Marquez was better at was aging.

Their bodies handled PEDs better?

If you think Marquez and Hopkins was better than Barrera, Morales, Jones and Toney.....boxing is not your sport.

That is all.
    Im a fan of all three legends of the sport and are gratefull for the legendary fights they've given us . My personal opinion is that Morales and MAB avoided fighting Marquez or atleasr kept him outta the loop while they had their trilogy . AND ... relax with the whole PED stuff .You had a decent thread before that B.S .

Comment

Originally posted by 5.4ever View Post
      if anyone saw the marquez vs barrera fight from a neutral standpoint, you have to agree that barrera won, no doubt... they gave the W to marquez tho
      Imo it could have gone either way. I think I had it for Marquez by 1 point without the blown KD call and the point deduction. I was surprised how much trouble prime Marquez had with past prime Barrera who pretty much pulled a Mosley in his next fight vs Pac: "lets just be friends Pac"

Comment

Marquez at this age and point in his career has proven that hes the best all around out of the legendary three but Morales and MAB are both ATGs themselves. Ultimately it will be peoples opinions like it always is but I think JMM is more proven historically and has yet to retire.

Oh and if Marquez is Hopkins... whose Barrera supposed to be? Toney? And Erik is Jones? lol doesn't really add up in my head lol

Comment

Well, if you're trying to say that Marquez and Hopkins have greater legacies than Barrera/Morales and Jones/Toney, then yes I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Imo it could have gone either way. I think I had it for Marquez by 1 point without the blown KD call and the point deduction. I was surprised how much trouble prime Marquez had with past prime Barrera who pretty much pulled a Mosley in his next fight vs Pac: "lets just be friends Pac"
            that wasn't prime Marquez

Prime Marquez was during his featherweight run.

Comment

marquez was a better all around fighter in his prime; too bad most ppl remember the slower 30+ year old jmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post

exactly, most ppl forget jmm lost a lot of foot speed as he went up in weight and age.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post

Youre nitpicking. What are his best wins below 130? His worst loss is at 126, vs John, in terms of opponent stature. Most feel his best wins were later at 130 -135, Pac excluded of course.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    Youre nitpicking. What are his best wins below 130? His worst loss is at 126, vs John, in terms of opponent stature. Most feel his best wins were later at 130 -135, Pac excluded of course.
                    He spent his prime in obscurity at featherweight looking to get big fights until the Pacquiao fight. His physical prime was at featherweight. He was around 33 when he fought Barrera his foot speed wasn't the same and his reflexes and hand speed were slightly fading.

Comment

barrera and morales are better than marquez due to the simple fact that they did not suddenly develop full on body acne.

no offense doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X