Wimbledon 2010 Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She.

Comment

• Looks like Nadal is close to the form of a couple years ago. Maybe not quite the same level, but when healthy he is almost impossible to beat in a five set match. His fitness is just too good and he refuses to lose. Always finds ways to overcome tough moments in matches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
        Anyone else think that Berdych is gonna blast away Nadal this sunday?
        Nah. I don't think he'll have the energy left to go potentially 5 sets with Nadal. There's nobody alive right now who can out-last him on the court, in terms of pressure and making him work. He'll keep working until his man has nothing left.

The only way to beat Nadal is by out-playing him, which only Federer managed to do in '06 and '07 - just before the former's prime.

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
        Looks like Nadal is close to the form of a couple years ago. Maybe not quite the same level, but when healthy he is almost impossible to beat in a five set match. His fitness is just too good and he refuses to lose. Always finds ways to overcome tough moments in matches.
        You like Lady Sovereign, then? Gorgeous ***** lass.

Comment

• Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
          Nah. I don't think he'll have the energy left to go potentially 5 sets with Nadal. There's nobody alive right now who can out-last him on the court, in terms of pressure and making him work. He'll keep working until his man has nothing left.

The only way to beat Nadal is by out-playing him, which only Federer managed to do in '06 and '07 - just before the former's prime.

You like Lady Sovereign, then? Gorgeous ***** lass.
          LOL!! No not really.

Comment

• Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
            LOL!! No not really.
            Well, since you have an avatar of her I figured you must be a fan. :wnk1:

Comment

Well, since you have an avatar of her I figured you must be a fan. :wnk1:
              Is that her? I thought it was just some hot mexican chick. If that is her than yes I am a fan. LOL!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
                Is that her? I thought it was just some hot mexican chick. If that is her than yes I am a fan. LOL!!!
                Erm, I think it is...

Well maybe not, but I'm always reminded of her whenever I see your avvie. :laff2:

Comment

• Nadal wants the GOAT title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                    Nadal wants the GOAT title.
                    He ain't getting it. Eventually he'll meet another version of himself who's faster, stronger and doesn't puff out in 5 sets. His playing style will be his ruin in a few years and give him dodgy knees for the rest of his life.

The next decade-dominator (i.e. Sampras, Federer) isn't here yet. Whoever he is, he'll suddenly burst onto the scene in around '11 or '13 - Sampras started his streak in '93, and Federer his in '03. It'll happen soon, but not yet. We'll have a few transitional champions like Ivanisevic and Hewitt, and then the next GOAT will arrive.

That's my prediction, anyway.

Comment

He ain't getting it. Eventually he'll meet another version of himself who's faster, stronger and doesn't puff out in 5 sets. His playing style will be his ruin in a few years and give him dodgy knees for the rest of his life.

The next decade-dominator (i.e. Sampras, Federer) isn't here yet. Whoever he is, he'll suddenly burst onto the scene in around '11 or '13 - Sampras started his streak in '93, and Federer his in '03. It'll happen soon, but not yet. We'll have a few transitional champions like Ivanisevic and Hewitt, and then the next GOAT will arrive.

That's my prediction, anyway.
                      I agree. The next dominator will be a tall, huge hitting player with great technical ability and finesse (something often lacking in tall players). I say if Nadal can win 12 Grand Slams that would be pretty damn good.

Comment

Working...
                      X