Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roberto Duran Advises Canelo To Maul Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duran's going to help Canelo beat Mayweather the same way Lennox helped Price beat Thompson.

Comment

• lol yeah maul him ahahah like it has never been tried before. That style didnt work at all against Leonard who was slick on his feet ( beside the first fight where Leonard fought stupidly). People are obsessed with agression, power, ko, they all think that people like Duran, Margarito, Pacquiao would beat Floyd... That's why Floyd is undefeated, people know **** about boxing...

People need to try something different against Floyd, I think somebody with a GREAT jab can bother Floyd. The time Ive seen Floyd the most bothered was trying to avoid Oscar and Cottos jab. Also a guy with equivalent speed and footwork would cause him trouble.

A guy like Leonard would have given Floyd problems, not the Margaritos Matthysse and Pacquiaos of this world...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
        lol yeah maul him ahahah like it has never been tried before. That style didnt work at all against Leonard who was slick on his feet ( beside the first fight where Leonard fought stupidly). People are obsessed with agression, power, ko, they all think that people like Duran, Margarito, Pacquiao would beat Floyd... That's why Floyd is undefeated, people know **** about boxing...

People need to try something different against Floyd, I think somebody with a GREAT jab can bother Floyd. The time Ive seen Floyd the most bothered was trying to avoid Oscar and Cottos jab. Also a guy with equivalent speed and footwork would cause him trouble.

A guy like Leonard would have given Floyd problems, not the Margaritos Matthysse and Pacquiaos of this world...
        Arguably Mayweather's two toughest fights were against intelligent and skilled pressure fighters. Obviously the style works enough to give him trouble. Duran is the king of skilled pressure fighters. Boxers trying to pressure him and failing like Guerrero doesn't mean pressure doesn't work.

And of course the old, "Leonard fought stupidly" argument. No, Leonard fought like he always did and Duran beat him.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Arguably Mayweather's two toughest fights were against intelligent and skilled pressure fighters. Obviously the style works enough to give him trouble. Duran is the king of skilled pressure fighters. Boxers trying to pressure him and failing like Guerrero doesn't mean pressure doesn't work.

And of course the old, "Leonard fought stupidly" argument. No, Leonard fought like he always did and Duran beat him.
          Leonard didnt fight like he always did at all

Comment

Leonard didnt fight like he always did at all
            Yes, he did. Leonard blasted people. He thought he would the same to the smaller lightweight and was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              Canelo does not have the Stamina or the Inside game to fulfill Duran's request.
              Not to mention Canelo's stamina will be even worse at the catchweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Yes, he did. Leonard blasted people. He thought he would the same to the smaller lightweight and was wrong.
                He was blastering people but was not a flat footed at all. He stood his ground in the first fight to prove a point to the haters back in the time like you today with Floyd that he could take a punch.

Sugar Ray Leonard: "I said I would fight Duran flat-footed and I did. People questioned whether I could take the big punch. I showed them. I have to give Duran a lot of credit. He is the toughest man I've ever fought."

Comment

• I have a feeling Canelo is going to surprise us and come into the fight the leanest he's ever been and will not weigh in the 170's on fight night.

Comment

• Canelo surprising Floyd with a 1 punch KO within 2-3 rounds is his only chance!

Comment

He was blastering people but was not a flat footed at all. He stood his ground in the first fight to prove a point to the haters back in the time like you today with Floyd that he could take a punch.

Sugar Ray Leonard: "I said I would fight Duran flat-footed and I did. People questioned whether I could take the big punch. I showed them. I have to give Duran a lot of credit. He is the toughest man I've ever fought."
                      He wasn't that flat-footed in the first Duran fight either. Duran was forcing him into the ropes and forcing him to fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X