No announcement yet.

Marquez can Retire Now..**BANNED DON'T NEED ANYMORE OF THESE THREADS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez can Retire Now..**BANNED DON'T NEED ANYMORE OF THESE THREADS

He could, if he wishes it. There's nothing left to prove. The KO win over his greatest nemesis has definitely placed the biggest exclamation point on one of the greatest rivalries in the sport of boxing.

JMM can retire now with that feeling of a great burden gone from his shoulders. As is with Pac. But i definitely would love to see a 5th fight between them and then hang up their gloves but i think that would be stretching it too far.

To keep it short, borrowing from writer Mikey Agulto " At the end of the day, the world will forever hold Juan Manuel Marquez as the superior fighter, even though we(pac fans) spent the last seven years believing otherwise. It is not a passing of the torch; no young and promising upstarts to blame - it is merely the truth being realized rather late."..

Yes he could, or just have a rematch and get a bigger pay out, Pacquaio has made Marquez a lot of money and then he does that. Shocking,

Comment

Marquez has a brand new chapter to add to his book.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
        Marquez has a brand new chapter to add to his book.
        I don't think he is silly enough to add a PED chapter

Comment

yes ofcourse he can, JMM is not the type of fighter that chases money or anything at all, he has done his ultimate goal and obsession. but then.... he's not the one who runs away from challenges either.. honestly, i can see a fifth installment if pac will request for it badly on the media..

if pac would say something like "Marquez, lets do it again, i gave you the chance before, its your turn to return the favor" and then offers 15 million dollars as a guarantee (again the money has nothing to do with it. but then to be fair and to the addition). I can see marquez not running away.

Comment

yes he can, he knows OST will be demanded on the 5th

Comment

ummm best of 7 please. thatd be stupid if he doesnt give pac a chance for redemption. that is not the honorable thing to do. age is a poor excuse at this point.

Comment

I can definitely see Pac requesting for a 5th fight. But it's up to Marquez if he agrees. It's either retire or fight one last time than to continue fighting until an upstart gets lucky with the win because of declining skills and age.

Yet, i find myself crossing my fingers hoping for a 5th and nothing else than that.

Comment

Best believe Marquez will push super hard to have the 5th in Mexico.

Comment

I for one would like to see JMM retire

He can never surpass his performance from Saturday night. With it he cemented himself in the memory bank of boxing history and in the memory of all who witnessed the fight play out to its climactic ending. It is easily the perfect cap to a great career. No subsequent fight/s could possibly add anything more to the to his already HOF body of work.

Comment

Working...
                    X