Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you change about olympic boxing to make it popular again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you change about olympic boxing to make it popular again?

Olympic boxing obviously has a lot of problems which is hindering it from becoming popular. What would you change about it?

Its already been changed and should help starting in 2013.

No more headgear, and the switch to 10 point must. Ill start watching the big amatuer fights now.

Comment

No head gear

Comment

No random blood testing!!

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
          Its already been changed and should help starting in 2013.

No more headgear, and the switch to 10 point must. Ill start watching the big amatuer fights now.
          And increase the rounds to 6 and 8-10 in the finals with 3 minute rounds , 2 min rounds alter the entire way a fighter fights .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            And increase the rounds to 6 and 8-10 in the finals with 3 minute rounds , 2 min rounds alter the entire way a fighter fights .
            You wanna have amateurs fight 10 rds of 3 mn? Come on now, let's be reasonable. I say 5 rounds is enough.

Oh and get rid of the fucking punch count scoring in the olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              You wanna have amateurs fight 10 rds of 3 mn? Come on now, let's be reasonable. I say 5 rounds is enough.

Oh and get rid of the fucking punch count scoring in the olympics.
              Yes in the finals this is the Olympics , the world championships of amateur boxing that they have trials and represent their country's and they prepare for 4 yrs for this occasion .
              Last edited by Reloaded; 05-10-2012, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Off with the headgear.

Judge it like a pro fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  Yes in the finals this is the Olympics , the world championships of amateur boxing that they have trials and represent their country's and they prepare for 4 yrs for this occasion .
                  Still I don't think it's right to have amateurs fight the same number of rounds as most professionals. I don't wanna see 16 yr old kids slug it out for 10 rds, their body hasn't even finished growing yet.

Comment

I like 3 rounds in 3 mins cause theres NO time to BS you need to start fighting right away! As a kid I fought unsanctioned pro bouts that were 5 rounds at 2 mins. and thats also a system that doesn't allow for any BS. Especially in a 17ft,sq ring, HA! Fighting 3s as an amatuer is a good start to move into 4s than 6s. By the time you take on 8 round pros you'll know if you have a shot or not at a career! Ray.

Comment

Working...
                    X