Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paul Williams' Promoter Jabs Roy Jones, Answers COO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goossen is on point about Roy Jones should be the last person talkin about P Will retiring the guy got knocked the eff out in Russia with seconds left in the whole fight...But Goosen shld seriously stop being bias and watch the fight about 10x over.. Lara kicked his ass...

Comment

hey Roy , YOU MUST'VE FORGOT
      u been gettin KNOCKED OUT like a rag doll
      everytime i see u fight , u laid out COLD
      u lookin worse than Holyfield
      whole bunch of bum a.s.s fighters beatin u down, tell me how u feel
      stick to commentatin and stop yo hatin
      u went from being a legend to a piece of s.h.i.t , now thats amazing

U MUST'VE FORGOT !!!

yall lames quit hatin on Paul , he put in a lot of body work on Lara, in case yall dont know , body punches COUNT.. Lara landed his left ok but Paul outworked him and was the one pressing the action, judges look at things like that so stfu.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        If Jones is a bum then what is Lopez, Cotto, Cintron, Quintana? These guys were losing the way a 42 year old Jones loses, in their 20s-early 30s.

Jones fights got KTFO at around 35.

Cotto got raped at like 28, Cintron got raped twice a long time ago in his 20's as well, then again on Saturday, Lopez keeps getting knocked down by bums and just got KTFO by a guy with 12 losses, Quintana got KTFO by the bum Cotto, by a guy you probably think is a bum too in Paul Williams, and by another "bum" Andre Berto, 3 TKO losses for Quintana by age 34, an age when Jones still hadn't had his legit first loss.

Calderon, I like him, so I won't say anything about him.

But you need to STFU about calling an ATG and legend like Roy Jones a bum, when your countrymen are not even Hall Of Famers.
        PRBoxingCotto is a very biased poster and calling Jones a bum is a travesty. In his prime, he looked as invincible at middleweight as Tyson at heavyweight. The reason why he is looked upon with disdain is because he's stuck around far too long and he hasn't shown signs of improvement.

While I was watching the fight, I found that it was hypocritical of Jones to call Williams' shot and to hang up his gloves if he's taken this much punishment when in fact Jones has lost 3 times in a row (two by knockout, the last one being particularly ugly) and he hasn't officially said, "I'm retiring."

On an added note, Cotto isn't a bum. He lost a fight in which he was highly competitive in but weared down the stretch and the fight is surrounded by controversy (but let's give Margarito the benefit of the doubt for argument's sake). His other loss came at the hands of Pacquiao who, besides Mayweather, is the very best fighter out there.

Quintana...meh.

López...he got knocked out by Orlando Salido (NOT a "12-loss bum"). From the moment the fight was signed, I was never sold on Juanma going through Salido like many here were. I knew it was going to be a tough fight for Juanma and it was. Salido is a solid fighter. He'll never be up there with the elite, but he is good enough to offer SOLID resistance to any fighter out there in his weight class. López is very overrated, though. He's fallen in love with his power.

Cintrón...a Puerto Rican Zab Judah. Very inconsistent. I mean, his first two losses came at the hands of Margarito (but again, let's give Margarito the benefit of the doubt for argument's sake), he has a draw against Martínez (which should've been a KO loss or decision loss), he has a win over Alfredo Angulo (I still can't believe that ****), he has a loss to Paul Williams (which should've been a no contest), and now he lost to Molina. WTF?! Up and down and up and down...

I don't have to defend Calderón, he had a good run while it lasted but it's definitely time to hang them up. I look forward to Segura's career.

But, my man...dissing Cotto...
        Last edited by TintaBoricua; 07-11-2011, 05:07 PM.

Comment

jones should really take his own advice

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
            I agree that roy jones should stfu about pwill being shot and retiring because he needs to take his own advice jones is a bum but pwill hang it up before you get brain damage

Comment

To be honest, if Roy and Paul fight, they might end up knockin each other out!!!!! A double on the double!!! Pound for pound right now in my opinion Pauls chin is better but who really cares.. They both should be done before they get seriously hurt!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                I know, right?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  If Jones is a bum then what is Lopez, Cotto, Cintron, Quintana? These guys were losing the way a 42 year old Jones loses, in their 20s-early 30s.

Jones fights got KTFO at around 35.

Cotto got raped at like 28, Cintron got raped twice a long time ago in his 20's as well, then again on Saturday, Lopez keeps getting knocked down by bums and just got KTFO by a guy with 12 losses, Quintana got KTFO by the bum Cotto, by a guy you probably think is a bum too in Paul Williams, and by another "bum" Andre Berto, 3 TKO losses for Quintana by age 34, an age when Jones still hadn't had his legit first loss.

Calderon, I like him, so I won't say anything about him.

But you need to STFU about calling an ATG and legend like Roy Jones a bum, when your countrymen are not even Hall Of Famers.
                  u are just as stupid as prboxingcotto is if u are taking any of his posts seriously. and in all reality, roy jones should retire already. nosense in him fighting at his age geting knocked out COLD the way he has been. it isnt god for his health.

Comment

I felt uneasy listening to Roy talk about Pwill because these are all advice he should be taking...I also thought the commentary was so one sided for lara making it seemed he dominated pwill...I think the fight was much closer than it seemed and i suggest everyone rewatch it with the volume off....

Comment

Goosen needs to STFU...He is trying to deflect the attention off his fighter getting one of the most blatant gifts in boxing onto the topic of Roy Jones' commentary.

Don't be fooled people.

Comment

Working...
                      X