No announcement yet.

Jose Aldo's pay?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Aldo's pay?

I'm curious as to how much Aldo gets per defense because I've read that outside of Urijah Faber, the WEC pays peanuts. Doesn't make sense since the no-names in this organization put on better fights than most contenders/titleholders in big brother UFC.

Anyways, the way Jose Aldo has decisively beaten the best fighters in his division in such exciting and entertaining (With the exception of ONE lackluster round against Faber in the 5th) ways, he should be receiving a better bottom-line payday than some UFC champions.

And for the record I believe he sparks Frankie Edgar rather easily.

MMA as a whole pays peanuts.

Aldo probably made no more than 40k for his fight.

Comment

To be fair, though... The official numbers will be out this week.

Oh yeah, there are guys on the main card that probably made less than 10k. ****'s sad.

Comment

Fighter pay has gone up with the sport's popularity though. It's only at MAX a 15yo sport. They secure a lot of money in sponsorships too, and the fight bonuses are cash payouts that usually aren't disclosed. I'm not talking about a KO of the Night, there are actual "locker room bonuses" that guys get paid in the UFC. Since WEC is owned by Zuffa they might have something similar. Aldo doesn't work a day job though, bet on that.

Comment

WEC pay is garbage. Aldo's last fight (Jose Aldo: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Urijah Faber: $28,000)

If you compare that to other fighters, that pay is good. Also, WEC events are usually all free.

Comment

Originally posted by Soda Popinski View Post
            Fighter pay has gone up with the sport's popularity though. It's only at MAX a 15yo sport. They secure a lot of money in sponsorships too, and the fight bonuses are cash payouts that usually aren't disclosed. I'm not talking about a KO of the Night, there are actual "locker room bonuses" that guys get paid in the UFC. Since WEC is owned by Zuffa they might have something similar. Aldo doesn't work a day job though, bet on that.
            Aldo may not, but fact is that MOST guys on MMA cards do.

The WEC does offer bonuses to their fighters, but they're only 10k.

Comment

apart from maybe like 30guys all other mma fighter make less than 50k a fight, I can name 100boxers off the top of my head who crap all over that

Comment

so Aldo is gonna move up 10 lbs and SPARK Frankie Edgar easy?? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
                  so Aldo is gonna move up 10 lbs and SPARK Frankie Edgar easy?? lol
                  lol, for real right? :lol:

Aldo gets paid pretty good. Considering he doesn't live in the US and the money he makes practically doubles or triples taking it back to brazil.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    lol, for real right? :lol:

Aldo gets paid pretty good. Considering he doesn't live in the US and the money he makes practically doubles or triples taking it back to brazil.
                    Lol.

USD to BRL is like 1:1.5, dude. Get real.

The guy is making a decent living with sponsors and all, but come on. The guy is P4P one of the top 3 in the sport and is making peanuts.

Comment

Working...
                    X