No announcement yet.

fall out 4 anyone playing ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    I literally just finished the Silver Shroud missions yesterday. Have you checked system and game updates? Because there is a game patch that should be installed.

Another thing to test is to load a previous saved game, don't start your most current. When the game first boots up select load game, select the save that is right before your current and if that doesn't work repeat but select the third most recent saved game.
    Yeah i've done all the aforementioned. Been pretty decent the past couple hours though as it hasn't crashed.

How much of the main have you done? I still haven't even set foot in Diamond City yet. Just been rolling around running into all places I come across, recruiting for the Minutemen, and gathering up materials so I can make better weapons and improve on my settlements.

Rolling with Maccready who is starting to piss me off cause he can't sneak to save his freaking life, but I'm trying to stick with him until his story is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      Yeah i've done all the aforementioned. Been pretty decent the past couple hours though as it hasn't crashed.
      That's good. There's another patch coming out by the end of this month so probably this weekend, it's supposed to fix known bugs and improve stability.

How much of the main have you done? I still haven't even set foot in Diamond City yet. Just been rolling around running into all places I come across, recruiting for the Minutemen, and gathering up materials so I can make better weapons and improve on my settlements.
      Not much at all, I think only like 4-5 main quests. Like you I've done a ton of recruiting new settlements for Preston and then I end up beefing up those settlements by adding defense and some crops, increase population potential by adding beds, add a radio broadcast at each to attract more settlers, and then I create a supply line so all the settlements are linked and share resources. And a bunch of side quests, usually random people I meet might have a job for some caps I take up.

Rolling with Maccready who is starting to piss me off cause he can't sneak to save his freaking life, but I'm trying to stick with him until his story is done.
      Where did you meet him? I met him in Diamond City and he was a hired mercenary it seemed. I already had a companion whom I was in the middle of quests with but I hired Maccready anyways, then sent him to one of my settlements. So the cool thing is if I ever want to change up companions I got a few total plus the dog of course and they just chill out at whatever settlement I tell them to go.

Comment

Where did you meet him? I met him in Diamond City and he was a hired mercenary it seemed. I already had a companion whom I was in the middle of quests with but I hired Maccready anyways, then sent him to one of my settlements. So the cool thing is if I ever want to change up companions I got a few total plus the dog of course and they just chill out at whatever settlement I tell them to go.
        I met him in Good Neighbor. Walked into the Third Rail and some guys were in there hassling him. I had Dogmeat at the time and decided to send him back to Sanctuary and roll with a human for a bit. It was cool at first then he started getting on my nerves. Like I said, i'm gonna try to finish up his storyline and then i'll find someone else to roll with.

I need to set up those radio beacons at all my settlements so I can get more people there. They have that radio broadcast coming from that castle you take back, but I don't know if I need to set up a recruitment tower or not cause they don't seem to be getting any new people.

Comment

I met him in Good Neighbor. Walked into the Third Rail and some guys were in there hassling him. I had Dogmeat at the time and decided to send him back to Sanctuary and roll with a human for a bit. It was cool at first then he started getting on my nerves. Like I said, i'm gonna try to finish up his storyline and then i'll find someone else to roll with.

I need to set up those radio beacons at all my settlements so I can get more people there. They have that radio broadcast coming from that castle you take back, but I don't know if I need to set up a recruitment tower or not cause they don't seem to be getting any new people.
          Come to think of it I did meet him at Goodsprings. I went to diamond city first and a mission took me there.

I haven't done the castle one yet, I'm holding out for some reason. But yeah, at all the settlements you recruit, just set up a power generator and connect a wire to a radio broadcast. Check back in a couple days or simply look at your settlements in your Pip-boy and it will show a population increase. Just make sure there are a few extra beds too. There will be little alerts when you look on your Pip boy on whether something is low, like defense. Defense should always be higher than the sum of food and water. So if food is 10, water is 10, you'll need defense to be at least 20. That will raise happiness. Also beds. I went to one settlement where there were more people than beds, one settler came up to me and *****ed me out saying You know we have to sleep in shifts right? lol ungrateful ****, I pimped out your peasant ass home, gave you food and water, clothing and guns and you complain about the raggedy sleeping bags I hooked you up with? That just landed you farming duty hoe, slave me some multifruit!

Comment

I literally just finished the Silver Shroud missions yesterday. Have you checked system and game updates? Because there is a game patch that should be installed.

Another thing to test is to load a previous saved game, don't start your most current. When the game first boots up select load game, select the save that is right before your current and if that doesn't work repeat but select the third most recent saved game.
            The Silver Shroud missions are my favorite so far.

Totally unrelated, the Lone Wanderer perk is OP as fuck. You can have dogmeat as your companion and it looks like this perk still activates for some reason. My character goes through Deathclaws like a hot knife.

Comment

You know when you try to build a stand and it says 'required - level 2 gun expert' or something along those lines.. Is that a rank you have to obtain or someone you need to recruit into the settlement?

Comment

Come to think of it I did meet him at Goodsprings. I went to diamond city first and a mission took me there.

I haven't done the castle one yet, I'm holding out for some reason. But yeah, at all the settlements you recruit, just set up a power generator and connect a wire to a radio broadcast. Check back in a couple days or simply look at your settlements in your Pip-boy and it will show a population increase. Just make sure there are a few extra beds too. There will be little alerts when you look on your Pip boy on whether something is low, like defense. Defense should always be higher than the sum of food and water. So if food is 10, water is 10, you'll need defense to be at least 20. That will raise happiness. Also beds. I went to one settlement where there were more people than beds, one settler came up to me and *****ed me out saying You know we have to sleep in shifts right? lol ungrateful ****, I pimped out your peasant ass home, gave you food and water, clothing and guns and you complain about the raggedy sleeping bags I hooked you up with? That just landed you farming duty hoe, slave me some multifruit!
                Oh man i'm dying over here. These fools must hate me then, cause the only settlement i've really paid attention to is Sactuary. I've had to run over and help defend other settlements because of raiders. Fast traveled to one that was being attacked the other day and as soon as I spawned in I was instantly blown up by a Super Mutant.

I'm waiting for someone to pop off with a smart mouth to me in one of these settlements, let's just say they'd be getting a Silver Shroud card in their pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by JrGooNer View Post
                  You know when you try to build a stand and it says 'required - level 2 gun expert' or something along those lines.. Is that a rank you have to obtain or someone you need to recruit into the settlement?
                  It's a perk you need to upgrade. When you gain a level from XP just go to your perk screen and update it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
                    The Silver Shroud missions are my favorite so far.

Totally unrelated, the Lone Wanderer perk is OP as fuck. You can have dogmeat as your companion and it looks like this perk still activates for some reason. My character goes through Deathclaws like a hot knife.
                    Yeah I loved the Silver Shroud missions too. I always selected the Shroud dialogue options which were hilarious, you're talking to some hardened criminal like a super hero lmao.

Btw, the last Silver Shroud mission, were you able to save the captive?

Comment

Originally posted by JrGooNer View Post
                      It's a perk you need to upgrade. When you gain a level from XP just go to your perk screen and update it.
                      This right here. It's on the Perk chart I was talking about, which is a little confusing at first but when you level up just go through them and keep an eye on one's that sound good for you and your character. My early priorities were Gun Nut, Lock Picking and Hacking. You level up a lot in this game so don't stress too hard about which ones too choose as you'll have plenty more opportunities.

Comment

Working...
                      X