No announcement yet.

Canelo won't fight GGG at 155

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dr.french View Post
    And Lara isn't exactly a monster. All Lara will do is outbox you. GGG will kill you.

Canelo has much to lose against GGG. Like his career.
    I agree. That was my point. It's one thing to lose, it's another to get beatdown and shown you're not in the same class.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      False. The most mainstream example I can give is that Canelo was praised on Saturday by Kellerman
      We gonna pause that right there. No need to go any further..

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
        We gonna pause that right there. No need to go any further..
        Can't argue the point so you're going to ignore the context and act cute. Typical nsb...
        If you're going to make a stupid argument, have the sack to defend it. As I said, if Canelo ducked Lara it would have hurt credibility. Saying that win did nothing for him is entirely incorrect.
        Last edited by Redd Foxx; 11-25-2015, 09:14 PM.

Comment

It's a pretty even fight at 155. No reason for Canelo to run from it and I don't see any basis for your argument. If Canelo was protected, what was he put in there with Lara??? There is NO benefit in fighting Lara other than proving yourself as a fighter.

There was little doubt that a fight with lara goes 12 rounds. If you havent noticed, canelo always has the judges in his pocket.

Its a bit harder to have them in your pocket when you risk getting KTFO by a legit KO artist.

Comment

I have no problem with them fighting in September but only if Canelo is forced to drop both titles and comes into the September fight as the challenger because that what he is, a challenger to GGG's crown.

Comment

Can't argue the point so you're going to ignore the context and act cute. Typical nsb...
              If you're going to make a stupid argument, have the sack to defend it. As I said, if Canelo ducked Lara it would have hurt credibility. Saying that win did nothing for him is entirely incorrect.
              Kellerman isn't objective. He's employed by HBO. Give me an objective source and I'll listen. I can show you how Kellerman used to rip HBO when he was at ESPN. He's a company man. And nobody was calling for Canelo/Lara. Canelo did Lara a favor by taking that fight.

Comment

So far conelo hasnt deny ANYONE a fight
                we can not say the same about GGG

Comment

Got 15 days doe

Comment

Fight probably happens in 2017

Comment

I know the idea is to drain the other fighter of those last couple pounds to put a real strain on his body and even mental state. But why not attack it from the other end? Nelo could accept the fight at 160lbs and do a big PR campaign on how he's honoring the belt and the weightclass. Get away from the notion that he is "hijacking" the belt. But he can put in a hydration clause. Stop GGG from coming into the ring anymore than say 165lbs or whatever weight Nelo himself is comfortable coming in at. He can say he won't force GGG to drain himself at the weigh in at expense for GGG's safety and honor to the belt. He can then say he won't let GGG balloon up past 165lbs or whatever weight he specifies in ring for his own ( Nelo's ) personal safety. This way GGG has to worry about his weight up until the ring walk. Nelo looks like he's being an honorable man and supporting the legacy of the belt.

I have no idea what Nelo weighed in ring against Cotto, but I think his best bet is to force GGG to weigh the same as him in ring. You look good to the fans and you don't end up fighting a much bigger opponent in the ring. Just saying...

Comment

Working...
                      X