Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Today's Cotto have beaten El Feroz More Impressively than Tito Did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2Shotz View Post
    Pre-Tito Vargas -the guy that fought Winky and Quartey was determined and confident and willing to get in extended exchanges. I'd love to see that version of Vargas vs Cotto. Not sure who wins but it'd be entertaining. No doubt.
    Agree. The confidence of the fighter who never been KOd shall not be overlooked. If we talk about pre-Tito Vargas, I'll give him an edge over Cotto. Albeit a slight one.

Comment

this is actually a good question, Vargas like cotto, had excellent boxing ability and good timing. Im actually not sure how effective cottos body attack would be without vargas being able to time him on the way in because Vargas was very effective against guys who were smaller than him in that regard, Vargas reach and technical ability were excellent. Im actually quite puzzled as to who would win.

Comment

Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
        Agree. The confidence of the fighter who never been KOd shall not be overlooked. If we talk about pre-Tito Vargas, I'll give him an edge over Cotto. Albeit a slight one.
        Well do it was pre-Margarito Cotto. Cotto did some serius exchanges with Mosley

Comment

I have Cotto winning but probably not as career destroying as Tito did.

Comment

Listen good....

Listen. Some of these threads are not well thought out. Common sense would tell you WHY Tito, Hoya, and Wright were able to do what they did against Vargas. NATURAL SIZE!!!!!!!!!!! Cotto is NOT a Middleweight and is a small Jr Middleweight. Vargas was a BIG 154lber who fought at the weight his entire career/prime. Cotto would have a problem handling the power of Vargas, the size of Vargas. Vargas by KO. Tito would KO Cotto, Hoya KO's Cotto, and Canelo is going to do the same.

Comment

50-50 fight.

Comment

Cotto knocks Vargas out faster than Tito did. It would be an entertaining fight, however. Tito was an extremely exciting, popular fighter, but Cotto is far better than Tito. It kind of makes you wish you could see these two fight, as well! Of course, Cotto would outbox Tito, but it'd be one heck of a fight. I don't mean to take anything away from Tito, though. Just my opinion. The one thing Tito will always have is his popularity, and that is very valuable. Not to mention he could knock people out cold!

Comment

Would Jotto been using Cheato's handwraps?

Feroz would've made him kneel.

Comment

I think Cotto beats Vargas, but it's a competitive fight. Tito had crazy one-punch power and he absolutely brutalized Vargas. Cotto wouldn't do that and I don't think he'd stop him. I'd say Cotto by decision 8-4,9-3.

Comment

Wth?

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
                      Cotto knocks Vargas out faster than Tito did. It would be an entertaining fight, however. Tito was an extremely exciting, popular fighter, but Cotto is far better than Tito. It kind of makes you wish you could see these two fight, as well! Of course, Cotto would outbox Tito, but it'd be one heck of a fight. I don't mean to take anything away from Tito, though. Just my opinion. The one thing Tito will always have is his popularity, and that is very valuable. Not to mention he could knock people out cold!

What the hell? You don't honestly believe either of those statements, do you? If so, you are a Fanboy. You are only saying this because Cotto is still an active fighter. No way you know boxing with statements like this. Vargas took both Tito and Hoya punches for almost 12rounds. He had a good chin. What makes you think Cotto is a bigger puncher than Tito? Huh? How is Cotto a better fighter than Tito? Tito is a Legend and ATG. Cotto is just a HOF'mer. Do you understand this? So, wait. Cotto would defeat David Reid as well? Ey? Hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X