Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Top Rank held the Bulk of opponents available to Floyd would he still say

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top rank have like 5 top welterweights 3 of them being 140lbers. Floyds good at timing things even though I think floyd would have beat a younger cotto easier. He waits for the right time to fight them. He fought Mosley who had a year off because Berto pulled out due to the earthquake. I honestly think floyd would of had a real hard time with the Mosley that fought cotto.
    Floyds just a master at fighting guys at the right time. I think he will end up fighting pacquiao but it won't be until we see PAC struggle in another fight so floyd is truly convinced he can beat him

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
      Top rank have like 5 top welterweights 3 of them being 140lbers. Floyds good at timing things even though I think floyd would have beat a younger cotto easier. He waits for the right time to fight them. He fought Mosley who had a year off because Berto pulled out due to the earthquake. I honestly think floyd would of had a real hard time with the Mosley that fought cotto.
      Floyds just a master at fighting guys at the right time. I think he will end up fighting pacquiao but it won't be until we see PAC struggle in another fight so floyd is truly convinced he can beat him
      this would make sense except for the fact floyd challenged Mosley for more than two years and Mosley steadfastly refused, same with ODH. Cotto also walked awaqy from a fight as did Manny.

ODH, Mosley, Cotto and ultimately Manny will all finish their careers with one thing in common-they will all have waited to fight floyd until they reached a point in their careers that losing to him wouldn't affect their long term prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        this would make sense except for the fact floyd challenged Mosley for more than two years and Mosley steadfastly refused, same with ODH. Cotto also walked awaqy from a fight as did Manny.

ODH, Mosley, Cotto and ultimately Manny will all finish their careers with one thing in common-they will all have waited to fight floyd until they reached a point in their careers that losing to him wouldn't affect their long term prospects.
        ODH,Mosley,and Manny all have lost before and had no reason to be scared of fighting Floyd. Oscars resume makes Floyd's look like a list of D level fighters. Mosely and Oscar were both prime around early to mid 2004/2005 ish... Both fought Floyd well after their best.
        Cotto was undefeated at welter when Floyd came in...fight didn't happen until like 5 years later when Cotto had been destroyed by Margarito and Manny....
        Floyd has struggled with guys like Castillo who had 4 losses and a draw, oscar who was well past his best and even Cotto touched him up pretty good in their fight. Oscar and Cotto being by far the 2 best guys he fought in his career.
        I guess everyone ducked him from Casamayor,Tszyu,Mosely,OScar,Manny,Shane,Cotto,Mar garito,Williams,etc,etc....
        Good thing we had guys like Gatti,Baldomir,Ortiz and Guerrero to step in lol....

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          ODH,Mosley,and Manny all have lost before and had no reason to be scared of fighting Floyd. Oscars resume makes Floyd's look like a list of D level fighters. Mosely and Oscar were both prime around early to mid 2004/2005 ish... Both fought Floyd well after their best.
          Cotto was undefeated at welter when Floyd came in...fight didn't happen until like 5 years later when Cotto had been destroyed by Margarito and Manny....
          Floyd has struggled with guys like Castillo who had 4 losses and a draw, oscar who was well past his best and even Cotto touched him up pretty good in their fight. Oscar and Cotto being by far the 2 best guys he fought in his career.
          I guess everyone ducked him from Casamayor,Tszyu,Mosely,OScar,Manny,Shane,Cotto,Mar garito,Williams,etc,etc....
          Good thing we had guys like Gatti,Baldomir,Ortiz and Guerrero to step in lol....
          I didn't say they were scared. Are you so immature that this is the way you comprehend what was written?

Nothing you post can change the fact that all of these fighters-all 1st ballot HOF'ers, all refused to fight floyd when they were prime. They all expressed reasons why-if you believe them fine with me.

WHether floyd struggled with Castillo, didn't fight some of the guys you listed, did fight the others, ODH's resume, etc etc. none of the things you posted, some true some not, changes what happened.

ODH, Mosley and Manny all had complete control over whether they would fight floyd or not. Cotto, not as much. They all chose to wait.

Comment

I didn't say they were scared. Are you so immature that this is the way you comprehend what was written?

Nothing you post can change the fact that all of these fighters-all 1st ballot HOF'ers, all refused to fight floyd when they were prime. They all expressed reasons why-if you believe them fine with me.

WHether floyd struggled with Castillo, didn't fight some of the guys you listed, did fight the others, ODH's resume, etc etc. none of the things you posted, some true some not, changes what happened.

ODH, Mosley and Manny all had complete control over whether they would fight floyd or not. Cotto, not as much. They all chose to wait.
            No man, Floyd is a coward. Just believe it because I said so. I know the facts dont back up my claims but, I just don't like Floyd and if I say he's a coward enough times, more idiots like myself will start to believe me and only me even if you present cold hard evidence in front of their faces, they'll refute it. Hell, i don't like Floyd so much that I wake up at 9 in the morning and think "Let me make a Floyd/Top Rank" thread today. Even before I even brush my teeth, my minds on Floyd and how much of a coward he is.

Comment

Are you ******ed? Floyd started asking for unreasonable demands with Manny.

Comment

Marquez wants nothing to do with Floyd in the ring ever again, he has repeatedly said as much. Bradley has the technique, dirty bag-o-tricks, and relative youth to give Floyd some problems. Provodnikov though, just LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
                  No man, Floyd is a coward. Just believe it because I said so. I know the facts dont back up my claims but, I just don't like Floyd and if I say he's a coward enough times, more idiots like myself will start to believe me and only me even if you present cold hard evidence in front of their faces, they'll refute it. Hell, i don't like Floyd so much that I wake up at 9 in the morning and think "Let me make a Floyd/Top Rank" thread today. Even before I even brush my teeth, my minds on Floyd and how much of a coward he is.

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
                    He retired when toprank had the bulk of opponents. end thread/
                    This.... This is how I totally feel... Remember when he went on his bogus retirement, gbp and top rank were working together making fights like
                    Jmm-manny 2, Shane-cotto, Shane-margs, hatton-manny, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      This.... This is how I totally feel... Remember when he went on his bogus retirement, gbp and top rank were working together making fights like
                      Jmm-manny 2, Shane-cotto, Shane-margs, hatton-manny, etc
                      You must not know Floyd is the must ducked man in boxing...he retired apparently because nobody wanted to fight him

Comment

Working...
                      X