No announcement yet.

Now post a picture of yourself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    I'm no expert on US domestic politics at all, but common sense tells me that if the standard yank pays 13% and the average dane pays 45% there has to be a big difference in service from the public sector and when considering the astronomical military budget in the US the gap becomes wider.

the average bloke in the states does not pay 13% of his income in total in taxes. the "federal income tax" is not the only one paid, and i do not know where this guy gets his information.

the real figure is much higher. and like i said, some states do not have a state income tax. the amount you pay in taxes here depends a good deal on the amount of money you make, how you make it, if you own a home, if you have a family, what state you live in, etc.
    alaska, florida, texas, nevada, and some others do not have a state income tax.

when i used to work with a W-2 i paid about 27 cents per dollar in total to taxes if i remember correctly.
    that includes :
    federal tax
    state tax
    social scurity
    medicare

four taxes. much higher than 13 percent. that guy has no idea what he is talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      the average bloke in the states does not pay 13% of his income in total in taxes. the "federal income tax" is not the only one paid, and i do not know where this guy gets his information.

the real figure is much higher. and like i said, some states do not have a state income tax. the amount you pay in taxes here depends a good deal on the amount of money you make, how you make it, if you own a home, if you have a family, what state you live in, etc.

when i used to work with a W-2 i paid about 27 cents per dollar in total to taxes if i remember correctly.
      that includes :
      federal tax
      state tax
      social scurity
      medicare

four taxes. much higher than 13 percent. that guy has no idea what he is talking about.
      I must say that I thought 13% to be ridiculously low. The 30% you say is roughly the same as in Britain AFAIK and would appear more feasible.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post

that includes :
        federal tax
        state tax
        social scurity
        medicare

The original discussion was about Federal Income Taxes, but if you insist on talking about the rest, we can. Just don't bring up state income tax, because it is your choice to live in a state that charges one. OASDI (social security, which really isn't supposed to be a tax) is currently 4.2%, HI (Medicare) is currently 1.45%, for a total of 5.65. To pay a total 27% rate, I (living in Texas) would have to make just over 135K annually, in order to pay 21.35% in income taxes. Which is several multiples of the average wage in this country.

At last years median wage of 26,364, I would pay less than 14% total (without any dependents.)
        Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 03-21-2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Forget about it. . . STUD. . . Note the scruffy facial hair, juxtaposing the youthful good looks. . . .

Still wish I didn't have those gaps on the sides of the chin-piece. . . Facial hair hasn't filled in yet. . . .
          Last edited by UglyPug; 03-21-2012, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post

Forget about it. . . STUD. . . Note the scruffy facial hair, juxtaposing the youthful good looks. . . .

Still wish I didn't have those gaps on the sides of the chin-piece. . . Facial hair hasn't filled in yet. . . .
            you actually believe that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alx. View Post
              you actually believe that?
              MY belief is simply reinforced by what I am told, and how females run up on ya boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                The original discussion was about Federal Income Taxes, but if you insist on talking about the rest, we can. Just don't bring up state income tax, because it is your choice to live in a state that charges one. OASDI (social security, which really isn't supposed to be a tax) is currently 4.2%, HI (Medicare) is currently 1.45%, for a total of 5.65. To pay a total 27% rate, I (living in Texas) would have to make just over 135K annually, in order to pay 21.35% in income taxes. Which is several multiples of the average wage in this country.

At last years median wage of 26,364, I would pay less than 14% total (without any dependents.)

fine and dandy

for the outer-statesmen i figured i'd add that there's more coming out of the working man's paycheck than the meager federal tax
                paint a more accurate picture

these guys from across the pond, they dont know. and we cannot expect them to know. i dont know a thing about the way they are taxed. sh#t is interesting. i wanted to set the record straight.
                Last edited by New England; 03-21-2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Forget about it. . . STUD. . . Note the scruffy facial hair, juxtaposing the youthful good looks. . . .

lulz ghey!

Comment

• On a sidenote. I didn't know on Photobucket you can press a button to share all your camera phone pics and uploads. Oops...

Comment

If that's you who's the *** that looks like he belongs in Twilight in your avatar?

Comment

Working...
                      X