Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people excited for Mayweather-Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because this more then likely means Arum is in on everything and we get Pac-Floyd next year.

Comment

Originally posted by yevskiy426 View Post
      Very true, this is why he mentioned Martinez, just to get the public talking about it, but never actually persuing it
      stop talking crap, he never mentioned Martinez. A reporter asked him if he would consider him and he said it was a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        Because this more then likely means Arum is in on everything and we get Pac-Floyd next year.
        a sergio v.s. PWILL will be ...................... the cherry on top..............IF..............everythings goes to plan....................

Comment

This was the fight before Mayweather's retirement and most of the way through it until Cotto lost to Marga. For a good year and a half this was going to be the mega fight like Pacquiao v Mayweather is now. And it was all people wanted to see.

Whilst it has lost it's glamour with Cotto losing twice and Pacman emerging at Welterweight, I still think it's a good fight. I'm a Cotto fan, I use to think he could give Mayweather a lot of trouble. I think Floyd would UD Cotto, but I wouldn't mind seeing the fight. It's more credible than some of the fights Floyd could make.

People might jump on Floyd's back for fighting a guy Pacquiao beat, branding it "pointless", is it any more pointless or any less credible than Pacquiao v De La Hoya? I don't think it is.
          Last edited by Targaryen; 07-24-2010, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny Corleone View Post
            This was the fight before Mayweather's retirement and most of the way through it until Cotto lost to Marga. For a good year and a half this was going to be the mega fight like Pacquiao v Mayweather is now. And it was all people wanted to see.

Whilst it has lost it's glamour with Cotto losing twice and Pacman emerging at Welterweight, I still think it's a good fight. I'm a Cotto fan, I use to think he could give Mayweather a lot of trouble. I think Floyd would UD Cotto, but I wouldn't mind seeing the fight. It's more credible than some of the fights Floyd could make.
            yep but there are also more credible fights he could make...

Comment

Its just very dissapointing. Less than a week ago or so, Mayweather turned down Pacquiao because he was on vacation and 'not interested' in boxing. Within a week after hes already in talks with Cotto for a fight (according to rumors). What kind of **** is that? Less money and less interest. Its a pointless fight. He'll gets a belt at 154 but he doesn't care about that so this fight is rather ****. Stylistically its interesting but there are so many other options that this is just a dissapointment. A few years ago this would've been a great fight, but its too late. Mayweathers cuts him up and stops him.

Comment

any time the top practitioners of your sport perform, it is a reason for celebration.

just about everyone on any pound for pound list are fighting to close out the rest of this year. floyd supposably in december, manny in november, they're trying to get paul williams in in october, chad dawson in august, martinez with paul, jmm next week, montiel in november against donaire, ect.

people need to stop with the hate and realize that floyd fighting is infinitely better for boxing than him sitting on the sidelines. the better his fights do, the better boxing is percieved, the more money available to pay for the fights you want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
                  Its just very dissapointing. Less than a week ago or so, Mayweather turned down Pacquiao because he was on vacation and 'not interested' in boxing. Within a week after hes already in talks with Cotto for a fight (according to rumors). What kind of **** is that? Less money and less interest. Its a pointless fight. He'll gets a belt at 154 but he doesn't care about that so this fight is rather ****. Stylistically its interesting but there are so many other options that this is just a dissapointment. A few years ago this would've been a great fight, but its too late. Mayweathers cuts him up and stops him.
                  How, because he lost 2 fights?

Maybe with Manny in his corner and him finally having a real world class trainer he actually has a better chance now then back in 07.

There is nothing wrong with this fight, Cotto is a world class guy.

Comment

now this is a bad fight????

Comment

there is no way in hell this fight will happen

Comment

Working...
                      X