Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
    well, to some mofos , you have to be black to be slick...lol
    Originally posted by Chups View Post
    He has to be black first before he becomes slick.
    Not at all...

Nicolino Locche, Willie Pep, Benny Leonard

^slick white fighters. At least...i think Nico was white..lol.. Well regardless, he wasn't black

Comment

I see I was beat to the punch...

Comment

Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
        I`ve seen Pac spar in a vid from ********** and let me tell you:not only is he a slick fighter but he boxes much better in sparring then when he does in the ring.

The sparring i seen him in,he was doing alot of different feints and kept on changing stances to confuse the fighter he was sparring.I was very impressed.I was thinking why don`t he fight like that in the ring?I wish i would have downloaded that vid so i could show ya`ll.Maybe one of you might have it or seen it.

And this is coming from a Pac hater.
        I saw the same video. It's why I wrote that comment earlier about Pacquaio being able to fight slick if / when he wants to, only he chooses not to fight like that, it ain't him. I wouldn't mind seeing him change up his style in the ring, be slick for a few rounds, change it up again. This would help for the Mayweather fight because he'd be much harder to figure out.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
          Not at all...

Nicolino Locche, Willie Pep, Benny Leonard

^slick white fighters. At least...i think Nico was white..lol.. Well regardless, he wasn't black
          I would class Locche as white. Man, that guy was smooth. Great fighter.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

i wouldnt say he is a conventionally slick boxer

id describe him like this 'a well conditioned beast that is super-fast,relentless and tries too hurt you with every shot he throws'

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
              I saw the same video. It's why I wrote that comment earlier about Pacquaio being able to fight slick if / when he wants to, only he chooses not to fight like that, it ain't him. I wouldn't mind seeing him change up his style in the ring, be slick for a few rounds, change it up again. This would help for the Mayweather fight because he'd be much harder to figure out.
              You don't get it do you? Being a slick boxer is not Manny's style, it would not work for him against a top boxer like Floyd.

LOL at he "chooses not to fight like that" if Manny had the ability to employ that sort of style at the top level with success you can bet your ass he'd be doing it. He doesn't choose to use a style where he gets hit, he uses that style because it maximizes his speed, power, and natural aggression and works well for him.

Comment

Originally posted by RightCross94 View Post
                That is called being fast, being slick is having an extremely effective defence with great upperbody movement that can make even top fighters swing at air and look stupid. Eg: Sweet Pea, Floyd, Toney.
                First of all... Manny has great defense. He just engages a lot more than other fighters and therefore gets hit more.

second of all... the fighters you call slick are more flashy than anything... i am not taking anything away from them, but anyone that has been in the ring can tell you that boxer can be slick and still be aggressive and offense oriented.

setting up counters and hitting people with shots they don't see is much slicker than just evading and making people miss and look stupid.

Comment

I know you are joking, but Willie Pep is an example of a slick white fighter.
                  Originally posted by mangler jr View Post
                  No you don't. Pep was white as paper.

like i said some mofos........sergio martinez is pretty slick to me and he fights similar to packy......

Comment

You don't get it do you? Being a slick boxer is not Manny's style, it would not work for him against a top boxer like Floyd.

LOL at he "chooses not to fight like that" if Manny had the ability to employ that sort of style at the top level with success you can bet your ass he'd be doing it. He doesn't choose to use a style where he gets hit, he uses that style because it maximizes his speed, power, and natural aggression and works well for him.
                    No need to talk down to me, it ain't necessary.

Of course I get it. I already said it ain't his style. On that point, you ain't saying nothing I didn't already say.

You say he can't fight like that... based on what? I've watched sparring videos where for short bursts he did nothing but slip punches and employ swift movement to evade barrages of punches. It surprised me because I had never seen him do stuff like that. The guy can box great when he chooses to, there's no doubt about it. Pacquiao chooses to fight in a fan-friendly style, though, he ain't in there to defend and dance around pot-shotting, he comes to take your head off because that's what people enjoy seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                      like i said some mofos........sergio martinez is pretty slick to me and he fights similar to packy......
                      No he doesn't. Not one bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X