Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Theophane: Amir Khan's Speed Will Trouble Canelo Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed and movement trouble Canelo in general. .I see khan outboxing Canelo till he gets hit n KO TKO. .khan always straight up wen moving in n out..canelo feet are slow but he has decent hand speed and will catch khan eventually..his power is overrated but khan chin won't be able to handle it. .don't see da fight going 8 rd..

Comment

and alvareds power will trouble khans chin

Comment

Originally posted by DblLFThooK View Post
        If algeri can catch khan, canelo most certainly can also
        Bang, and Algieri wobbled the s*** out of Khan in the first round of their fight.

Comment

Sorry I admire Khan for taking his fight, but he's stupid, he will get sparked, Canelo will catch him at SOME point and stop him. Khan is a weird one, he really didn't want the Brook fight, but I think he beats Brook he just stuck to his guns and wanted to fight in the US.

Comment

Lara has speed too and canelo was able to get to him. The title should read "Canelos power will trouble khans chin"

Comment

Very intriguing match up!

If both fighters bring their A-Game we got us a hell of a boxing match. Khans speed will keep him in it early on , maybe even win a couple of the early rounds , but CANELO has great timing and range control as well as great hand speed for a middleweight so when CANELO times Khan with a body shot or left hook or maybe an overhand right......BOOM! LIGHTS OUT!

-Pumped up about the press tour and hoping for some 24/7 episodes and a good undercard.

Comment

I do think Khan has a chance if he relies on his speed, but only if he uses it during the fight to create space to land points and not merely using it to avoid fighting. With Canelo's good ringmanship and hard body shots,though, it's going to be a struggle but I have faith in Khan to pull out a win. It is written by God.

Comment

Originally posted by DblLFThooK View Post
                  If algeri can catch khan, canelo most certainly can also
                  Definitely, only thing is when you are the favourite it is a lot different to when you are the underdog. As the favourite you go out there to put on a show and that tends to make you want to prove yourself even more, thus leaving yourself more open.

When you are the underdog like algieri was and that Khan would be against canelo you are more relax which tends to work in your favour. The onus and pressure is on the favourite, it is how you handle that pressure that sets the greats apart from the rest (E.g Mayweather).

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
                    I do think Khan has a chance if he relies on his speed, but only if he uses it during the fight to create space to land points and not merely using it to avoid fighting. With Canelo's good ringmanship and hard body shots,though, it's going to be a struggle but I have faith in Khan to pull out a win. It is written by God.
                    Khan might have the speed to disturb Canelo but he doesn't have the boxing brain needed against Canelo to keep him off or guessing for 12 full rounds.

I have only seen Khan implement a good game plan twice, against Kotelnik and Alexander. If Khan sticks to a good plan by his trainer then he has more than a good chance at a UD.

Comment

Working...
                    X