No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Still Firm on 155-Pounds For Golovkin Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    True, why does canelo need help to beat GGG when nobody else got any assistance . I'm sure Matthew Macklin, martin Murray or kassim ouma, victims of GGG would have liked some kind of a assistance to beat GGG but didn't ask cos they are too proud!. Does canelo think he's royalty or something I bet canelo gotbutlers at home and people assist him on putting his shoes and socks on and a chauffer!

He wants to be the first to beat GGG , but martin Murray and geale and leuimex laughing at canelo saying if we had the favours you got we would have beat him as well. So there's no point and no glory in it! If GGG beats canelo at 155 that makes a loss even worse.......couldn't even beat GGG with a cw!
    So canelo will do the right thing and come to his senses.
    If Canelo does not fight Golovkin this fall Mexican fans will call him a coward with a yellow streak. I don't think there has ever been a Mexican champion that ran from a fight. Canelo would be the first.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Whatever GGG said about Floyd and Manny, and whenever he said it, is totally irrelevant to the discussion about GGG/Canelo.

Golovkin is mandatory for Canelo's title at 160. The WBC have given him their interim belt and a contract guaranteeing him his shot.

Canelo is only fighting someone else in May because GGG voluntarily stepped aside to allow him to do it.

The reason he stepped aside again is because he would rather fight Canelo for the WBC title than pick it up without a fight after Canelo vacated or was stripped

The reason Canelo asked GGG to step aside again is because he does not want to vacate or be stripped of his belt.

So GGG won't be fighting Canelo at 155 because he doesn't need to do it.
      Pretty much nailed it. I'm sure GGG would like to fight Canelo in May, if Canelo wanted the fight.

Comment

• Hopefully GGG critics won't say when is GGG going to fight someone with a pulse like they do for wilder.
        Canelo got a pulse, but strangely no heart so that's confusing

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Whatever GGG said about Floyd and Manny, and whenever he said it, is totally irrelevant to the discussion about GGG/Canelo.

Golovkin is mandatory for Canelo's title at 160. The WBC have given him their interim belt and a contract guaranteeing him his shot.

Canelo is only fighting someone else in May because GGG voluntarily stepped aside to allow him to do it.

The reason he stepped aside again is because he would rather fight Canelo for the WBC title than pick it up without a fight after Canelo vacated or was stripped

The reason Canelo asked GGG to step aside again is because he does not want to vacate or be stripped of his belt.

So GGG won't be fighting Canelo at 155 because he doesn't need to do it.

OK, so..... Golovkin is willing to walk away from that fight, and that payday, for this reason..... " because he doesn't need to do it "..... is that right?

And this is despite the fact that he COULD do it, he just doesn't want to.

Is that right ?

Just for the record kid, " because he doesn't need to do it " is the most childish, lamest, excuse that I have ever heard as to why a professional boxing match cannot take place.

Kid, Canelo " doesn't need to do it " either, NONE of them do.

What an absurd childish lame excuse.

So he will walk away from the exposure, and the payday...... despite the fact that he COULD take that fight according to his hype-machine, and despite the offers that have been made to Mayweather/Pacquiao?

Bull****, don't be ridiculous, they don't think they can beat Canelo at 155, or they would simply do it, like they said they could.

#smartenupdumbass

FACT: Golovkin can have that fight whenever he wants, IF he is prepared to be a man of his word.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Floyd forced Canelo into a catchweight despite the fact that he had already successfully fought twice at the full 154 limit and just as recent as the year before fought Cotto at the full limit. Yet why did Floyd make Canelo come down and put his titles on the line under the 154 limit? Because he was the A side and got to flex his muscles and get the fight at the weight that was to his advantage. Now Canelo is in that same spot and is doing the same the fight only happens at his weight not GGG's. And don't give me this crap about it's too much for GGG to go down to in weight not after last year he begged for fights against Floyd and Manny at 154 and said I can make that weight easy. But now when it's Canelo 1 pounder higher is too much for him? I CALL BS!! Canelo will make him eat his words or he gets no fight.
            Apparently they are still "negotiating". GGG was willing to drain himself for Floyd/PAC (but they are naturally MUCH SMALLER) and Canelo actually looks BIGGER than GGG and he's only going to grow.

My only issue here is the +1 lbs over 154 CW for the LINEAL 160 BELT, it would obviously benefit one fighter much more than the other, and I just can't see why they can't meet somewhere more in the middle? Surely there would be more pride in defeating the man in a legitimately fair fight(or as close to one as we'd get) with no BS stipulations..?

Comment

• cant get over how funny a 155 catchweight is, 1 lb over 154 because canelo nearly dies during weigh ins and cant drop 1 more

that isnt a catchweight its arbitrarily deciding that the lowest weight you can possibly make is where all of your fights will hereby take place

Comment

• People still defending this ****. ****ing sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gonzalez_Boxing View Post
                  People still defending this ****. ****ing sad.
                  Alvarez needs to stop being a punk about this

mofo just want the lineal 160 strap

If you're deemed the king of the division, put up at the limit or vacate and get your azz down a weight class

He's the fattest Mexican I seen yet always wants to manipulate some sort of size advantage

Comment

Working...
                  X