No announcement yet.

someone that personally knows bradley posted this up about a month ago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone that personally knows bradley posted this up about a month ago

I say that [Bradley wins] thinking on business terms, not because Bradley is the better fighter [he's not]. I've met Bradley a bunch of times, and my brother knows him personally (his sister-in-law is like best friends with bradley's wife -- when he bought his wife a car after he signed with top rank, he hid it away in my bros' garage, lol)

I say "business terms" because Pac's near the end of his career and there's no ****ing way, after Arum sunk millions into Bradley with a sizable signing bonus, the money from the Casamayor fight, and the guarantee he's getting in this Pacquiao fight, that Arum would let Bradley lose.

Bradley is set to be Arum's new pet/cash cow. This fight will be a changing of the guard. If Bradley loses, his career (at least as a money maker for Arum) is over. Arum can't let that happen with the investment he's made in Bradley thus far -- if he loses, who else can he fight? his career is pretty established, and his resumé is impressive with wins over peterson, alexander, nate campbell and casamyor -- even though he's fairly unknown. If he loses against elite opposition, he's going to be seen as a B-rate fighter and there isnt much more he can do at this point -- maybe move up in weight? not too much left in the welterweight division right now, so he'd have to move up to like 154 or something, where he'd get destroyed.

On the other hand even if Pac loses, he's still marketable simply because of his status within the sport. A loss, or a controversial decision in a fixed fight would probably even make him MORE popular than he already is. People will be up in arms about that ****. They can make a rematch with Bradley, or see if a loss gets Mayweather in the ring. Either way, **** doesn't matter at this point in his career -- he's already achieved so much and largely cemented his legacy.

Obviously this is all conspiracy theory ****, but I wouldnt put it past Arum. Need proof?
    look at Rios vs Abril, which was like 10 rounds to 2, and Rios still won

It does makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
      I say that [Bradley wins] thinking on business terms, not because Bradley is the better fighter [he's not]. I've met Bradley a bunch of times, and my brother knows him personally (his sister-in-law is like best friends with bradley's wife -- when he bought his wife a car after he signed with top rank, he hid it away in my bros' garage, lol)

I say "business terms" because Pac's near the end of his career and there's no ****ing way, after Arum sunk millions into Bradley with a sizable signing bonus, the money from the Casamayor fight, and the guarantee he's getting in this Pacquiao fight, that Arum would let Bradley lose.

Bradley is set to be Arum's new pet/cash cow. This fight will be a changing of the guard. If Bradley loses, his career (at least as a money maker for Arum) is over. Arum can't let that happen with the investment he's made in Bradley thus far -- if he loses, who else can he fight? his career is pretty established, and his resumé is impressive with wins over peterson, alexander, nate campbell and casamyor -- even though he's fairly unknown. If he loses against elite opposition, he's going to be seen as a B-rate fighter and there isnt much more he can do at this point -- maybe move up in weight? not too much left in the welterweight division right now, so he'd have to move up to like 154 or something, where he'd get destroyed.

On the other hand even if Pac loses, he's still marketable simply because of his status within the sport. A loss, or a controversial decision in a fixed fight would probably even make him MORE popular than he already is. People will be up in arms about that ****. They can make a rematch with Bradley, or see if a loss gets Mayweather in the ring. Either way, **** doesn't matter at this point in his career -- he's already achieved so much and largely cemented his legacy.

Obviously this is all conspiracy theory ****, but I wouldnt put it past Arum. Need proof?
      look at Rios vs Abril, which was like 10 rounds to 2, and Rios still won
      Poor investment cause who's going to pay to watch Bradley on PPV after his corrupt win

Comment

The very first thing that came to my thoughts. I couldn't agree more, Bradley is a B class sparring partner type with B class opponents. Bob Arum is just smart and an ass at the same time LOL

1. Barry Tompkins, Showtime: 119-110 Pacquiao.
        2. Harold Lederman, HBO: 119-109 Pacquiao.
        3. Ray Markarian, The Sweet Science: 119-109 Pacquiao.
        4. Michael Marley, Examiner: 119-109 Pacquiao.
        5. Dan Rafael, ESPN: 119-109 Pacquiao.
        6. Vittorio Tafur, San Francisco Chronicle: 119-109 Pacquiao.
        7. Michael Woods, The Sweet Science: 119-109 Pacquiao.
        8. Ramon Aranda, 3 More Rounds: 118-110 Pacquiao.
        9. Mario Cabrera, Boxing Republic: 118-110 Pacquiao.
        10. Nigel Collins, ESPN: 118-110 Pacquiao.
        11. Mike Coppinger, Ring Magazine: 118-110 Pacquiao.
        12. Ace Freeman, Fight Fan: 118-110 Pacquiao.
        13. Rich Marotta, KFI Los Angeles: 118-110 Pacquiao.
        14. Kelsey McCarson, The Sweet Science: 118-110 Pacquiao.
        15. Gabriel Montoya, MaxBoxing: 118-110 Pacquiao.
        16. Pete O’Brien, USA Today: 118-110 Pacquiao.
        17. Eric Raskin, Grantland: 118-110 Pacquiao.
        18. Michael Rosenthal, Ring Magazine: 118-110 Pacquiao.
        19. Colin Seymour, Examiner: 118-110 Pacquiao.
        20. Ryan ********, Ring Magazine: 118-110 Pacquiao.
        21. Ryan Burton, Boxing Scene: 117-112 Pacquiao.
        22. Scott Christ, Bad Left Hook: 117-111 Pacquiao.
        23. Tim Dahlberg, Associated Press: 117-111 Pacquiao.
        24. Gareth Davies, London Daily Telegraph: 117-111 Pacquiao.
        25. Doug Fischer, Ring Magazine: 117-111 Pacquiao.
        26. David Greisman, Boxing Scene: 117-111 Pacquiao.
        27. Jorge Hernandez, The Low Blow: 117-111 Pacquiao.
        28. Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports: 117-111 Pacquiao.
        29. Robert Littal, Black Sports Online: 117-111 Pacquiao.
        30. Steve Kim, Max Boxing: 117-111 Pacquiao.

The list won't stop....but you can hit the link if you like
        http://blog.johnny360.com/2012/06/cancer-in-boxing.html

Comment

I the think he is bang on, we should all know by now that Arum could care less about the sport, its fans or the fighters. Its all about how he can fill his pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
            I the think he is bang on, we should all know by now that Arum could care less about the sport, its fans or the fighters. Its all about how he can fill his pockets.

Picture looks pretty accurate...

Comment

Bradley is still going to be Bradley, I would say this though...Arum really need to do more to market Bradley, The 247 did help him IMO and i could see Bradley is now following the Mayweather blueprint so maybe he can be a cash-cow afterall, I still have no doubts that Pac was sold out here by Arum no doubt in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Bradley is still going to be Bradley, I would say this though...Arum really need to do more to market Bradley, The 247 did help him IMO and i could see Bradley is now following the Mayweather blueprint so maybe he can be a cash-cow afterall, I still have no doubts that Pac was sold out here by Arum no doubt in my mind.
                I agree 100%

Think about it.....Rios has just been exposed. Gamboa jumped ship, Jones got KO'd...Pavlik exposed., Lopez exposed...lee is a fraud.....when you really think about it, Top Rank has Manny and that's about it.

Bradley is the only fighter they have that is close to being marketable at this point, and Arum has stated several times, when Bradley was with Shaw, that he could build Bradley up into a big name.

Comment

Yup. sure fire fixed. no doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post

That pic explains everything.

Comment

Working...
                    X